Chapter 6

(Writers POV)

It's the next day, Friday, and everyone is more than ready for it to be the weekend. It's only the end of the second week of school and everyone is already burned out. Any excitement over new classes or new people had faded days ago, and everyone is just left stuck in routine.

Emma, Elsa, and Anna have their morning schedules down, no one got in each other's way. Anna has gymnastics on Monday and Wednesday every week after school, Ingrid normally takes her, but Elsa really does love tagging along and watching her sister so happy. Life is pretty good in that house for Emma, better than a lot of house's she's been in.

Killian woke up alone in his house like every morning. It would probably surprise a lot of people that he was a morning person, although he was definitely also a night person, he really just doesn't need much sleep. He met up with Liam in the morning to get coffee. They brought Melody along, and dropped her off at daycare before heading to school. She is a pretty happy kid, with lots of independence, but she always gives Liam a bit of a hard time when it comes to morning drop off, she was still tired like everyone else. Now with Killian accompanying them, she has a bit of a breakdown.

"Oh my Melody, I'll pick you up later like always," Liam comforts his daughter who was now in his arms crying into his shoulder. Her little hands were gripping Liam's button up shirt, wrinkling it for sure. This is why he tried to dress casual usually, being a dad didn't mesh well with expensive shirts. "Shh baby it's ok."

"Come on love, you like daycare right?" Killian tries to help, "Toys, snacks, and little friends causing havoc, what's not to love?"

"Ya," she says with a sniffle. Her face is all read from the crying, but she's calming down.

"There you go, smile my little Melody," Liam says planting a kiss on her forehead, and letting her down. "I love you, see you soon," Liam says letting go of her hand.

"And be good," Killian says before Melody walks off to the other kids.

"You know you'll make a good father one day Killian," Liam says turning to his brother.

"Yeah, I don't think so brother. As much as I enjoy being an uncle, the father gig is your thing, not mine."

"I said one day brother, not today," Liam laughed. "You just wait, it all changes when you meet the right girl."

~ ~ ~

(Emma's POV)

School was as usual, and everyone just wanted to go home. At lunch there was at least a bit of excitement, a party this weekend.

"Yeah, you guys should totally come. My parents are gone all weekend, and my sisters are inviting their friends from college." Ashley told the group. I don't know her well, but she seems nice enough. Plus she's offering up a pretty fun night.

"We will be there," Lily speaks up, and pulls me into a side hug, meaning I didn't have a choice in the matter. It didn't really surprise me, I know that Lily loves to get out of the house, and we go everywhere together. Honestly it sounds fun.

"For sure. When is it?" I ask.

"I'll text Lily the address, and be there around 10:00. How about the rest of you? You're coming?" she asks the rest of the group.

"Yeah," Ruby and Will both say. Now Graham is the only one not to agree.

"Come on Graham, you know you want to come," I tease. He smiles, and nods.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss the first party of the year," he answers.

"Great see you Saturday," she smiles and walks off to invite more people from another table.

~ ~ ~

I wake up, and not to an alarm. I sigh with relief when I remember it's the weekend, finally. I turn around, and Anna isn't in bed, she must already be up.

Being alone in the room gives me the chance to pick out my outfit for the party tonight. I still need Ingrid to let me 'stay over at Lily's' so I can go to the party. I am technically sleeping over at her house after, but if I'm being honest with myself, it's a lie.

I pick out my outfit for the party. I don't really own any dresses, other than the black one I wore the first day, so I decide to wear a burgundy skirt I have, and a black bralette top. I shove the outfit, along with some makeup into my school bag, which I'm bringing to Lily's. I'm getting ready at her house because I know that Ingrid would never let me leave the house if she thought I was going to a party. I'm still new here, and I don't want to rock the boat too much. At the same time, it's my senior year and I want to have fun like anyone else.

Once I have everything in my bag and away, I go downstairs to eat and talk to Ingrid.

"Morning Emma," Anna calls when I walk into the kitchen. She is sitting beside Ingrid and eating breakfast, which was pancakes. Ingrid must be in a good mood, great.

"Hey kid," I say and walk to get a glass of water.

"Ingrid made pancakes for me, but you can have some too," she tells me.

"They weren't just for you honey. There's more than enough for everyone." Ingrid adds.

"I see that," I say looking at the 2 stacks of pancakes on the table. "Thanks Ingrid."

"No problem, thought I'd start the weekend off right."

"You know my friend Lily?" I ask as I take a pancake from the pile.

"I haven't met any of your friends," Ingrid answers. I still don't want anybody to know I am an orphan, and them meeting my foster mother didn't really fit into that.

"I know, but it's just easier if I keep school separate from this you know? Anyways we're really close I've been to her house a few times after school, that's where I was studying yesterday," I say tying on my lie from yesterday. Wow I just got that lie out of my way too. "She asked me to stay at her place tonight, can I?" I ask trying to not seem too attached to the idea. If I seem too eager she might suspect something.

"I don't see why not. Studying tonight too?"

"No, just hanging out," I answer.

"I'm glad to see you're settling well here Emma."