Chapter 43

Two weeks left of school

(Killian's POV)

I meet up with my brother before school at the coffee shop down the street. We both order and wait for our drinks.

"So Emma got accepted into UMaine," I inform him.

"Really? She's not just staying in Storybrooke?"

"She hasn't decided yet,"

"How's she going to afford... wait are you paying her tuition Killian?" Liam clues in.

"Aye, but don't go lecturing me. I know what I'm doing. The money is tainted to me. You know I don't deserve it, it should have all gone to you in the first place brother," I say strictly hoping it will keep him from arguing about it.

"That's rubbish Killian, you were 9 and that life was all you'd grown up with. I told you to stop blaming yourself. As for the money, look at it as I do, compensation for what a bastard our father was. As for how you're spending it... I actually approve," he says as our coffees are ready.

"You do? I thought you'd be pissed and think I was a bloody fool or something along those lines. I had a whole speech rigged up to convince you."

"You're not a fool Killian, you're in love. If you were just giving Emma that kind of money, I would be more than concerned, but that's not what's happening. You're giving her a future. She'll accomplish so much more with a degree. Bloody amazing is what it is really," he chuckles, and pats my shoulder. I stand shocked for a second before following Liam out the door, and into the parking lot.

"Aye, well UMaine is going to separate us again. I need her to choose what's right for her, but it's going to crush me to be away from her."

"You're very selfless brother, but you're part of this relationship too. Don't shadow your own emotions for Emma's."

"I don't want to lose her, but I couldn't live with myself if she stayed just for me. I'm not sure what she's going to do, but either way things are going to be different."

~ ~ ~

(Emma's POV)

Everyone is in the cafeteria together for lunch. It's almost like the beginning of the year again, people are in good spirits for graduation. Everyone has gotten their University applications back, except for Will and Ashley who didn't apply. Will is still sure that he can get through life with just his wits. Ashley on the other hand is focused on her pregnancy. She's 8 months pregnant now with a round tummy to show it. The news of her pregnancy washed the halls of our school about 3 months ago, but died down a few weeks later. Everyone was telling Ashley what was best, and what she should do, but she stayed strong and chose what is right for her. She's keeping her baby, her daughter.

"Woah," Ashley says as she looks down to her belly.

"You ok Ash?" I ask. She nods.

"Yeah it's nothing, just these things called Braxton hicks contractions. I've been having them for about a week, apparently they help the body get ready for childbirth. It just makes all of this so real, she'll be here in only a month."

"So you're really keeping it?" Will asks, again. This isn't anywhere near the first time he's asked her. He just can't seem to understand it, he thinks she's throwing away her life. As if he's the one to judge anyways, after all he's the one whose life plan is to being a thief.

"Yes, I'm keeping HER." Ashley responds with the roll of her eyes. "Hey Emma did you decide between those two universities?" she changes the subject.