Chapter 15

(Killian's POV)

It's Monday morning, and I haven't seen Emma, or really even talked to her, since she left my apartment yesterday.

The class slowly starts to fill with my students, and the last stragglers make their way in before the bell. I have a, more or less, laid back class planned as it is a Monday morning. Unfortunately because of the nuisance Will Scarlet, the class must start on a serious note.

"Silence," I call out to the class, and they all do as I say. "I'd like to address an issue that came up over the weekend with a student in your grade. A student was caught with stolen test answers. This student has been suspended, they're lucky to not have more severe consequences. We have a zero tolerance to theft especially for something like cheat sheets," at this point side chatter has started up, everyone speculating who it could be. "Also, this student has revealed the students that he had sent this sheet too, if you are on that list, you will be called down to the office by the end of the day." I tell them, even though the kid only gave up a few names. Fear comes across a couple of the students faces, and that tells me all. The only one of my students that is actually on the list is Victor, but I can see some of his friends were also in on the ordeal. Lucky bastards...

I give the class the assignment, and let them pair up to complete it. Like expected, Emma and Lilian pair up. I wonder if I should get to know Lilian better, she seems to be the person closest to Emma. She could possibly have insight into the mystery that is Emma Swan.

The two girls are getting a little chatty, and when I look up they are both on their phones also. Oh I'm being too lenient with them.

"Lilian and Swan, off the phones. Now," I tell them, and give Emma a glare.

(Emma's POV)

That's his teacher look, and I know no to tempt him. Immediately I put my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. Lily rolls her eyes, but she's facing me so Killian can't see, and she puts her phone down on the desk. I look back to him, and he gives me an approving nod.

A few minutes later I can feel my phone vibrate, and I ignore it knowing that Killian is always watching me more than the other students. Lily however can't help herself when her phone buzzes too.

"It was him!" Lily tells me in a loud whisper.

"Shh," I scold her, before Mr. Jones has to. "So Will's suspended?" We had a feeling that Will had stolen the test, he's great at that kind of thing.

"Yup, for 4 days," she reads back his text to me. "he says they are assholes for making him come back for only Friday," we both chuckle quietly.

"Who did he send the answers to? He never even told me he had them,"

"I know right. He says he sold them to some of the guys on the football team, and Victor."

"Ha, Victor has to be shaking in his boots," I say and we look over at him. He's texting under the table, probably trying to see if Will snitched on him.

"How much did he get for them?" I ask Lily, and she types the question to Will.

(Killian's POV)

I see that Emma has resisted taking her phone out again, but Lilian however is on it once again. Perfect excuse for what I need to do. I get up and walk towards them. Neither seem to notice I'm approaching them, lost in their own conversation.

"I'll take that," I say, my hand out gesturing for Lilian's phone. She sighs, but hands it over. "I'll see you in detention Miss Page," I say to her, and walk back to my desk. Emma gives me a look like she can't believe what I'd just said. Yes Emma, I'm still a teacher, and still give detentions even if they're your friend. Plus this gives me the perfect opportunity to have some time to talk to Lilith for insight on Emma.