Chapter 31

Patel House

"Bablu, you took such a long time to return back!!" said DD as he entered along with a few servants.

"Sorry DD, woh traffic.." he replied nervously.

"Whatever, keep these things in place and then look over the pool side decoration." she tells him as she walks towards Roshni's room.

Roshni (still in servant attire with a veil covering her face) peeps with her wide eyes open as she sees her mother walking to her room.

DD knocks on her daughter's door, while Roshni nudges Bablu to do something. Bablu calls DD and engages in a conversation regarding the decorations while Roshni slips inside her room from behind.

She changes her clothes and DD knocks. She settles her hair finally and without glancing at the mirror opens the door.

"Roshni?" asked DD.

"Yeah Mom.. come in..what happened?" she replied.

"What happened! Get ready! Why are you wearing your normal clothes? And why are you wearing this dupatta with this suit?" she asked, confused seeing her daughter.

Roshni looks at the dupatta and bites her lips remembering that she forgot to change that. She throws it on the bed and turns around to face her mother.

"I didn't notice-" she started but stops seeing DD's shocked face.

"Haldi ceremony hasn't started yet, but magically tumhare face pe haldi already hai?" she asked.

Roshni runs to the mirror to check and sees that she had forgotten to wipe the haldi from her face which was all dried and stuck to her face.

"I..I.." she stammered thinking of what to tell her mom.

"It's my fault, bodyguards were needed here too.. right?" she said sarcastically with a smile.

"Mom.. I..I'm sorry!" she said with a pout.

"Are you?" asked DD with a grin.

"No.." she started laughing and runs to her mother to embrace her in a hug.

"I love you, Mom." she whispered.

"I love you too, Beta." she responded and her voice cracked with tears that were forming in her eyes.

Roshni looks up at her face and wipes the tears,

"Mom!! No crying, please!! Don't you want to put haldi on me?" she asked.

"I wanted to be the first person to put, you know! But woh ladka.."

"Mom!! Ladka nahi Siddharth!" said Roshni cutely.

"Yes.. Siddharth, he has taken all my rights over you.." she said sadly caressing her hair.

"Mom!! That's not true.. you are MY mom.. and about the haldi.. I'll just wipe this off.. and ceremony hasn't started yet.. so technically you can be the first one to put you know.. no one will know.." she said playing with her mother's fingers.

"Really, subtle way of telling me to be quiet about your whereabouts in the morning!" laughed DD.

Roshni looks at her with puppy eyes, pleading to keep this a secret. Finally DD agrees and playfully slapping her cheeks tells her to get ready fast and leaves the room.