Chapter 16

Siddharth fell down on his knees. He was unable to control his tears. Never did he imagine that his plan would backfire. He never thought of the possibility that Roshni would be in danger. They pretended to get separated just to keep her safe from this trouble. He should have listened to her when she had warned him not to do anything dim-witted.

He could see Roshni struggling to get free, her mouth was covered with cloth, her hands were tied with rope, and her ankle had started bleeding as it wasn't healed properly. All this was his fault. All his guilt and sadness transferred into a new emotion - Anger.

He had never felt this much anger before, he shot up and sprang towards RV. He pulled him up his collar and smacked his face. RV too retaliated with blows on Siddharth's stomach. RV's men returned by that time and intervened, they held Siddharth back. RV again puts the papers in front of Siddharth and asks him to sign if he wanted Roshni to breathe again. Siddharth refused to sign and still tried to strike back.

Frustrated RV - through the video chat - asks his men who were with Roshni at that time to open up her mouth.

"Arre yaar Roshni, how could you marry such a stubborn man! Since when I am telling him to sign the papers and give me his share of the company but he isn't listening! He hates me right? Maybe that is why he isn't listening to me! Why don't you tell him to sign the papers and make all this very easy for me? C'mon babe, just tell him once!" he said in a heinous tone.

He places the Ipad in front of Siddharth. Both of them look at each other with fear in their eyes, not for themselves but for the other.

"Roshni... Oh gosh.. I am so sorry.. Shit.. All this is my fault.." he sobbed.

"No.. Siddharth.. No.. Please don't apologize.. Whatever happens Sid.. Remember that I love you.. always have and always will..." she weeped seeing him in that condition.

"I love you too, baby.." he touches the screen.

"OH GOD! This is not a movie shoot going on! Sign the papers Sid or else... or else this will be the last time you will ever speak to her. One command from me and my men will shoot her. You have no idea against whom you are standing. Tomorrow's headline will be - The famous Hotelier Siddharth Khurana kidnaps his wife from the hospital to fulfill his motive of killing her'Now C'mon sign the papers."

Siddharth struggles to get out of the hold of RV's men.

"I will kill you RV if you touch Roshni! I will happily go to jail for killing you.. You scoundrel!"

RV just rolled his eyes and beamed with happiness as he was about to get rich. All Siddharth could think of at that moment was beating RV to death and he failed to notice that Roshni was continuously telling him something.

"SIDDHARTH, LISTEN TO ME!" she screamed.

He looked at the screen. There was fear in her eyes which was piercing through the screen, but there was some assurance too? Siddharth was confused. He was always able to understand what was going in her mind just by looking at her.

"You will not sign the papers!! You absolutely cannot do that to Papa!! I'm warning you Siddharth if you sign those papers, this time I will leave you and never return! Trust me Siddharth for once please!"

She looked somewhere and gave a slight nod. Siddharth got confused seeing her like that. To whom did she nod?

"Siddharth you promised me you won't do anything stupid..." she started but RV snatched the Ipad, he was furious.