Chapter 14

"Tumhe kya laga maine Samaira se shaadi kyu ki? (What did u think that why did i marry Samaira?)Because I love her? Haha please. Who can fall in love with a girl who has no self respect. She was just a pawn in my story. I knew she was related to the famous DD Patel, so I just played along with her to get DD's wealth. And then when I met Kritika and got to know how you both are related, I thought it was time to play a bigger game now. Best part Sid, GIRLS! Ladkia kitni dumb hoti hai yaar, thoda pyar se baat kar lo and thodi si smile kar do buss jaal mein fuss jaati hai! Aur upar se mere dimples ne aadhe kaam toh waise hi kar diye the!" (Girls are so dumb Sid, you just have to talk to them politely and smile and they start loving you. Best part that half of the work is done by my dimples only) he smiles wickedly and winks.

"But you also know how to play a game, right Sid? Roshni ko kya ullu banaya tumne! (You too made a joke out of Roshni-) -" he got interrupted by Siddharth.

"Rajveer, Roshni ka naam tum mat hi lo toh acha hoga!"( It will be a lot better if you don't take Roshni's name) he stepped forward towards RV angrily.

"Arre chillax yaar Sid!! Acha fine Roshni ko chodo.( Ok. Forget Roshni) Let's come to business now. Mummiji has already given me 35% ownership of Khurana Industries. But you also know - Greed does not rest until it is satisfied and greed is never satisfied. Buss abh last game baaki hai. I had thought I'll enjoy a little more in the Khurana house before leaving, enjoy a little more with your lovely sister and sister in law but tumhe meri khushi bardaash kaha hai! (but you can't see my happiness)That is why now I have to rush with my plans." he said flashing his teeth.

"I don't want to listen to your nonsense Rajveer, kaam ki baat karna hai toh karo warna mujhe 5 minute nahi lagenge tumhe tumhari aukad dikhaane mein"(If you want to talk something worthwhile then do so or else i wont even take 5 minutes to show your worth) replied Siddharth arrogantly.

"Ooo I am scared! Oh my God The Siddharth Khurana' mujhe dhamka raha hai!!" he chuckles.

The Hospital

The nurse brings food for Roshni. She makes a face looking at the tasteless food. As the nurse leaves, Roshni says, "Yash please yaar do something! I cannot have this bland meal anymore! Pizza mangwao na please!"

"Acha baba okay! You don't have to request me so much! What are best friends for?" he chuckles. He tells her to wait for some time and he will return with some pizzas. Roshni bids him goodbye.

"I am so sorry Yash that I am leading you on, but what else can I do? I can't tell you the truth about Siddharth and myself yet. I feel so bad hurting you. You are my best friend and I have to lie to you. I promise you, you will be the first one to know about this truth. I know you will understand me, you always have."

She sees her phone lying on the side table. She picks up her phone and dials his number.

"Uffo Siddharth! Pick up the phone yaar.. I am trying to reach you since morning, where are you God damn it!"

She writes a text message to him - "If I don't see you today Siddharth I promise you I will come after you. I will run away from this hospital! Did you forget your promise of meeting me today? It's been more than a day now Sid, and I am scared of losing you. Please come meet me soon. I love you, honey."

While scrolling down the texts she comes across a text which she had typed but never sent it to him.

[FLASHBACK: It had been 3 months now since she had started a new life in Bangkok.

A new life, without life itself. Without him. Without Siddharth. There was not a single day that passed when she did not miss him or remember him. She was reminded of him constantly by anything she looked at or felt. She had adapted to this feeling of loneliness, after all one had to adapt to continue their life. But today it was different, she was missing him more, she could not take him out of her mind even for a second. Whenever anyone came in front of her, she saw him. When Yash touched her hand, she felt him touching her. What was happening to her? Why was she thinking of him so much? She noticed the calendar and immediately understood the reason for this craving. Yash was still expecting an answer from her but she had forgotten the question. She looked at him, he had concern and pity in his eyes. She did not want any sympathy because it would break her even further. So she smiled back to him and said,