Chapter 12

Roshni was feeling restless. It had been more than 24 hours that she had not seen Siddharth. Though they spoke on the phone almost the entire night but she had been accustomed to see him, to touch him and to hold him the past few days. This feeling of restlessness was nothing new for her. She had felt it before, a long time ago.

[FLASHBACK:

All she did was cry. She ate rarely, she slept rarely, she left her room rarely and she never even thanked Yash for his help properly. Everyday she woke up early, and had breakfast,lunch and dinner with Yash where she just stared at the food and not listen to a word Yash used to say. In between this, she used to sit near the window of her room and just look at the sky. At night she used to cry herself to sleep. This was her routine for the past week since she had come to Bangkok .

Yash had been a good friend to her, he was patient with her and never questioned her. He would do whatever she asked for, without any questions asked."Enough" she thought.The pain was too much for her. She missed him. She couldn't live another second without seeing him. So, she left a note for Yash, switched off her phone, packed up a bag and left.

She was eagerly waiting for a glimpse of him. Whenever he would be sad he used to come there. She disguised herself pretty well so that he could not see her. There he was. He looked miserable. He was wearing the same shirt which he had worn the day she left. He walked towards the sea and stood where the water came ashore. Tears rolled down her cheeks seeing him this way. She wanted to run and hug him from back. She wanted to tell him how much she loves him. But she couldn't. Siddharth sat down and grabbed a pile of sand in his hand and said aloud,

"You know baby, you were right. I should have told you the truth the very first time you asked my name. But I was scared, I thought I will lose you, so I lied to keep you with me. The more I kept you near me the more you went away from me. Just like this sand, the more I try to grasp it in my palm the more sand I lose. Now look, you are gone. I can't even touch you or see you or feel you like I can't feel or touch or see this sand." he moaned silently.

Roshni felt weak, she was yearning to hold him. Unknowingly, she started walking towards him. His phone buzzed, he wiped his tears and cleared his throat,

"Hello? Yes, this is Siddharth Khurana. WHAT? What happened to Dad? Where? City Hospital?" he immediately ran.

Roshni stood still. She wanted to know what happened to papa. But the truth was right there in front of her. "Siddharth Khurana" she re-winded his words in her mind. This. This was the reason she couldn't go near him. Or talk to him. Or hold him. She knew in her heart that Siddharth would take care of his dad. She was not required. She looked at him one last time and turned. She called a cab, "Airport please." After sitting in the cab she called City Hospital.]

These 2 days of her life was a secret. No one knew what she did or where she went. Yash never asked her directly but had informed her mother about it. DD could never get the truth out of Roshni and now all this was a forgotten memory.
Roshni's reverie gets broken when she hears someone call her,
"Roshni puttar?"

"Papa" she smiled.

"How are you feeling now puttarji?"

"I am fine papa. How are you?"

"How can I be fine puttar when my son and my daughter are fighting with each other." Roshni felt guilty that she had to lie to papa. But what could she do.

"I am sorry papa but it is better if we are divorced."

"Really beta? Then why did my son pretend to be drunk that night? And why did my driver tell me that Sid was in the hospital the entire night?" Roshni looked at him surprisingly.

"Papa woh-" and she smiled shyly as she knew that he knew they were faking it. "Arre puttar, you are my daughter and he is my son, I can understand you both by just looking at your faces."

He smiled at her but he looked tensed.

"Please papa don't take tension. I am such a bad daughter I always put you in trouble. I don't want you to suffer from another heart attack again even though it was a mild one." she said and closes her eyes as she realized that she wasn't supposed to know that.

"What? How did you know?" he asked shockingly.

"Umm.. Woh.. Sid had told me."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I never thanked you papa for showering me with this much love and trust. I never had a fatherly figure in my life. But after meeting you, I met my dad. I love you, papa."

"I love you too, puttar."

Siddharth was ready with his plan. He was standing near a construction site and his manager came with a file and gave it to him,

"Sir, the man who set the fire in the house is a construction worker. He works for Malhotra Builder's. His name is Virendar. Right now he is working in this site and you can see him there."he points out to the man.

"Thank you Mr. Mehta for the update. Now lets go."
Siddharth walks towards Virendar.

"Virendar?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"Lovely meeting you, I am Siddharth." and he offers to shake his hands.

Virendar brings his hand forward to shake when all of a sudden Siddharth pulls him closer harshly, and says,

"Siddharth Khurana, jiski biwi ko maarne ki koshish ki hai tumne." and he starts beating him. After many punches and kicks, Virendar begs Siddharth for mercy. "Oh, you want mercy? Fine I will leave you but you have to tell me the name of the person who sent you to do his dirty work."

"Sir, please sir I can't he will kill me sir, I have a family. How will they survive without me?"

"Roshni is my family, my everything! How would I have survived if she died that day?"Siddharth punches him again and drags him by his collar towards a bucket of water. He drowns the man 2-3 times in the water.

"Sir, please!! Ok, I will tell you. Please stop. Please. It was.. Sir.. It was.."

"Rajveer Singh Ranawat" said a voice from behind. Siddharth drops the man and turns to see RV standing with a grin on his face. He was not alone. Four-five men were standing beside him with hockey sticks and crowbars.
RV comes near Siddharth and says,

"But tumhe toh pehle se hi pata tha. Then why are you shocked?"

Siddharth looks at him angrily.

"Oh, I invaded your interrogation? Sorry I couldn't resist. Why are you torturing that poor man? Leave him, I am here. Ahh.. This is going to be so much fun now."

RVs men beat up the manager and Virendar fleds the scene. The manager gets knocked out unconscious. Now it was just Siddharth and RV with his men. Siddharth stood shocked that his plans backfired. RV outsmarted him again.

"I am so sorry Roshni that i have to break the promise, but i will not leave him alone this time"he thought.