Chapter 5

Siddharth and Roshni gets surprised to see Raj standing with an aarti plate on the main door. They could see Simran pacing at a distance with a tensed face. Rajveer was standing beside Kritika near the door.

Raj says, "Kritika puttar, bring the kalash, they are here" with a broad smile on his face.

Roshni smiles back and touches raj's feet for blessings along with Sid.

Raj hugs both of them and says, "Finally my son and my daughter have returned home together, I have been waiting so long for this."

Kritika places the kalash on the floor and smiles broadly at Roshni saying, "welcome home Roshni."

Roshni feels uncomfortable seeing Kritika's changed behavior but responds with a confused smile.

Raj begins with the ritual when Simran shouts, "Stop all this drama, Mr.khurana. I will never accept this girl as my daughter-in law. She will never enter my home."

Siddharth replies, "Mom? I thought you wanted to see me happy! She is my happiness" and holds Roshni's hands.

"Sid, this girl has tortured you so much, she left you all alone here and went away without looking back once. You suffered so much heartbreak when she was not here. You were in so much pain and that only a mom can understand. She had a chance to come back home but she didn't. She chose her stubborn mother over you. She just looked over what you did for her. She is a selfish person, Sid. What makes you think she won't do that again?!No Sid, I will not make her break your heart again!" said Simran emotionally.

Raj started to speak "Simmi.." but Siddharth interrupts him. "Dad. Stop."

He looks at his mother and says, "You are right mom, this time Roshni isn't breaking my heart but you are. You have changed mom and you cannot see it. I am tired of making you understand but now no more."

He looks at Roshni who had tears flowing down her cheeks. He wipes the tears and says,"Roshni, wait near the car for me downstairs. Give me 15 minutes." "

Siddharth.. But.." Roshni says.

"Shhh..Baby, do you trust me?"

"Off course Siddharth.."

Roshni sighs deeply and bids goodbye to Raj and leaves.

Roshni was standing near the car reminiscing what Simran was telling Siddharth, how he suffered because she had left him all alone without giving him a chance to explain himself. She felt guilty and cried silently. She felt a hand on her shoulders and turns to see its Siddharth standing with luggage beside him.

"What is this, Sid?" says a shocked Roshni.

"What is this matlab! Luggage hai.. these are my clothes, I will need them if we are going to live alone, don't I? Or you want me to live without clothes?" winked Siddharth pulling her closer to him.

"Live alone? Siddharth where are we going?" asked Roshni.

"Are we going to stand here whole night! Leave all this. C'mon let's go.. I have a surprise for you and it can't wait." Siddharth keeps his luggage in the car and both of them sit. He drives.

[Next Scene: They are standing outside an apartment]

Siddharth brings a blindfolded Roshni and tells her to wait. He opens the door and gets a glass and keeps it on the floor. There was no rice at the house, but he had some packaged noodles with him, which he had brought just in case Roshni was hungry. He breaks those and fills the glass.

"Siddharth!! What are you doing, I am tired now. Please take this off me." said Roshni impatiently.

Siddharth comes closer to her and hugs her from back and says in her ears, "Oh, wait karo yaar, the whole night is left to take off things. Have some shame now what will the neighbours say when they hear this?"

Roshni kicks him on his feet. "Ouch, buss ho gaya" and he opens her blindfold.

She gets mesmerized seeing the lit apartment. It was well furnished and then she saw the glass."What is this?" she points to it.

"Sorry baby, there was no rice, noodles se hi kaam chalana parega" smirked Siddharth remembering the day when he made noodles for her in candles.

Roshni gets happy and excited, "Siddharth, this is so sweet of you"

She kicks the glass lightly with her right leg's toe and enters the apartment. "This is the best apartment in my building, I just bought it in your name from myself. You like it na?" asked Siddharth.

"Yes Siddharth. This is Perfect" she hugs Siddharth happily. He hugs her back and says in her ears, "Now what were you saying earlier... about taking things off..."

Roshni looks at him questioningly, pushes him back and runs. Siddharth closes the door, and runs behind her playfully.