Chapter 29

"The function went off so well" sighed DD with happiness as she laid on the bed.

"Yes Mom, it was amazing! I loved it!!" said Roshni while climbing on the bed beside her mother.

"You have already taken the pain killers, Mom and those were strong ones! Who told you to dance so much that now your feet are hurting!!" said Roshni while pressing her feet.

"I think you should sleep now, tomorrow is going to be a long day!" said DD stroking her daughter's hair.

"You too mom!!" said Roshni cuddling beside her.

"Ahh, I will sleep peacefully tomorrow.. but you.." teased DD.

"Mom!! Now you have also started teasing me!" she said jumping up to sit.

DD laughs aloud when Roshni's phone buzzes.

"Raat ko bhi chain nahi hai uss ladke ko!" she said incredulously.

Roshni looks at her phone and says,

"It's not him. It's Yash."

"Oh! Then let me better leave you guys to talk!" she said.

"Goodnight mom!" she kisses her mother's forehead and switches off the light.

"Hi Yash! What's up?" said Roshni and leaves the room.

After sometime, DD was fast asleep and she had covered herself up with her duvet. Siddharth had climbed up till Roshni's room and jumped off the window inside the room. He looks at someone sleeping on the bed and thinks that it was Roshni.

"Arre, she is sleeping? Then why is her phone busy?" he whispered to himself.

He tiptoes carefully towards her and kneels on the ground beside her sleeping figure. It was too dark for him to notice that it was DD and not his Roshni.

"Baby... Roshni.. Get up na!" he whispered in her ears.

DD moves a bit in her sleep and Siddharth thinks that Roshni was pretending to be asleep to tease him further.

"Oh! You want to play this game?" he said in his sexy voice and continued, "You know, I love playing games with you..." he traces his hands from her palms to her shoulder.

DD shifts uncomfortably inside the duvet but was fast asleep due to the painkillers that she took.

"Why are you shying away? Kal waise bhi humari suhaag raat hai aaj thoda warm up kar lete hai??" he said softly in her ears and gets up from the floor so that he could cuddle her.

He lies down beside her and leans forward to kiss her cheeks and before he could embrace her someone switches on the light. Siddharth looks up at the door and sees Roshni standing there.

They both stare at each other in shock for a moment and then Siddharth looks down to see who was sleeping beside him. He shrieks along with Roshni which breaks DD's sleep and Siddharth rolls down on the floor as DD was about to open her eyes. He hurriedly hides himself under the bed as DD springs up on bed.

"Why are you screaming?" asked DD.

Roshni was stunned with what she had seen earlier that she stood dumbstruck. Siddharth peeps from under the bed and indicates Roshni to speak.

"Woh...woh..i saw a rat in the room!" she stuttered.

"What? Rat! Where!! Oh my God, I did feel something climbing on my arms!" yelled DD jerking her hands off.