Chapter 27

The pent house was decorated with beautiful white and blue flowers, with tiny bulbs and drapes; the mehendi function was in full swing. All the ladies were gathered, chatting and laughing while they were putting mehendi in their hands. Roshni was sitting in the middle wearing a white and green gorgeous lehenga, with hair put down at one side of her shoulder and the perfect make-up, she was looking mesmerizing. Pratima and Nani were sitting on either side of her, Roshni was searching for someone, her eyes caught that person.

"Mom!! Come sit beside me! Where are you busy?" she called out to DD who was walking past her in a hurry.

"Yeah beta, I'll just look at the food arrangements and then I'll come in a bit." she responded.

"But mom.. " Roshni was pouting with a sad face and then nods in agreement that she could take her time to do the work.

"Sasumom, when your Jamai is here, there is nothing to fear" he enters with a smile on his face.

Everyone turns to look at him, and are shocked, DD was glaring at him.

"What are you doing here?" she retorted.

"Woh main..." he looks at Roshni, who was happy that he had come but scared that he might be send off.

DD looks at Roshni and then at him, understanding his reason.

"This is a ladies only function Siddharth, I am sure your mother must have told you that?" she asked.

"Yeah..Yeah I know it is a ladies function... I came here to take a file which I must have.. left in the cupboard."

"What?" asked Roshni in astonishment. Siddharth indicates her to keep quiet.

"Couldn't you wait for it?" asked Nani.

"Nani Ma, I have an important meeting in an hour... I need that file... agar urgent nahi hota toh main kabhi aata kya.. aap logo ki function mein taang ladane?" he teased.

"Yeah yeah I know how innocent you are!!" said Nani sarcastically.

Siddharth starts going towards Roshni's room looking at her and indicating her to meet him there.

DD catches hold of him and says, "Not this easily, Jamai ji.." she teased.

He looks at her slightly surprised and raises his eyebrows asking what.

"Well, mehendi function chal rahi hai.. Toh mehendi lagana toh Banta hai na?" she asked him.

Roshni and Nani starts laughing looking at Siddharth's shocked expression.

"Yes! Mom is right! If you want the file then you will have to put mehendi too!!" she gleed with pleasure.

"Mehendi?? What! I am a guy" he said exasperatly looking for help from someone.

"So, what? Even the groom applies mehendi.. It's good luck!" said Nani.

"I have never seen any groom apply mehendi!!" said Siddharth incredulously.

"Earlier in the days, groom used to apply too.. nowadays they don't! It's one's choice.. " said Nani.

"And you are not getting one!!" said Roshni with a smirk on her face.

Pratima and Bablu grab him and makes him sit beside Roshni. He makes faces at everyone and says,

"My meeting is in an hour!"