Chapter 9

DD enters the room and finds Roshni awake. 

"Beta, how are you feeling now?" asked DD. 

"I am better mom, why don't you take rest? Go home mom. I'll be sleeping the whole night. You will get tired." she insisted. 

DD could not refuse her daughter's plea, she agreed to rest, so she goes to sleep in the waiting room which was downstairs and asked Roshni to sleep. When DD leaves, Siddharth comes out from the bathroom and says, "Phew, your mom is a nightmare! Raat ko bhi chain nahi hai, hamare romance ka kabada karne aa gayi!" and comes near Roshni. 

Roshni gets angry and says, "Why do you say these things about my mom? Go, I will not talk to you now." 

"Wow! Kya nautankibaaz ho tum, I think I was angry at you." Siddharth says playfully."Theek hai chala jata hu main, waise bhi who am I for you? Go, call Yash! He gets called when you are in emergency?" said Siddharth pretending to be hurt.

Roshni gets conscious of the situation and says, "What? Arre stupid he was the only one I knew in Bangkok, so I had made him my..nevermind Siddharth, I am sorry please don't be angry now! I felt so bad fighting with you in the morning even if we were just pretending to." 

"Sach kahu? Even I felt bad. Thank god it was not real, warna pata nahi main tumhare saath kya karta!"

"Really?" Roshni takes Sid's hand, "kuch nahi karte! You look so adorable when you are angry, I just wanted to cuddle you that time"

"If you want I can be angry now to get that cuddle" said Siddharth and comes near Roshni. 

He kisses her forehead and puts her locks behind her ears. Roshni moves to one side of the bed and indicates Sid to join her. 

"You will get hurt, baby! There isn't much space." he said. 

"Please, Siddharth." she pleads innocently. 

"Baby, you know main aise mauke ko chorta nahi hun, but.." he looks at her sad face.

"You won't be here tomorrow, please stay with me now." 

Finally Siddharth agrees and carefully lies down beside her. He cuddles her and kisses her hair. "Ek Paise ki sharam nahi bachi hai, even in this condition you know how to take advantage of a handsome guy like me." 

Roshni was too tired to argue, she smiles and kissed his chest and said,"Everything will workout na like we planned?" 

"Yes, I hope so.. Don't worry Roshni. I have already hired some men to find out about the man who came to our apartment as an electrician. I'll get his information tomorrow." he said. 

He could sense she was sleepy. "Just sleep now, you should take rest, I'll take all the stress." He kisses her gently on the lips. He allows her to keep her head on his chest. 

"I love you, Siddharth." she whispers softly. 

"I love you, Roshni."

Siddharth opens his eyes slowly and checks the time. It was 6 in the morning. He slowly places Roshni's head on the pillow and was about to leave when he sees Nani ma standing on the door. 

"What is going on?" asked Nani innocently and slightly surprised. Roshni wakes up, and in horror that their truth was out moved her leg. She writhes in pain making Siddharth run towards her. 

"Roshni, you are not supposed to move your leg. See you got hurt. You are already in so much pain, please be careful, baby." he said and rubs his hand on her head. 

Roshni stares at him with big eyes indicating that nani was there. Siddharth turns and was about to say something when nani interrupts him. 

"So, yesterday you both were pretending to fight? There is no problem between the two of you?" 

Both of them looked guilty and nodded their heads saying no. 

"Actually, nani ma.. " started Sid and explained to her their plans. 

Nani was happy for both of them and agreed to keep this secret to herself. Siddharth said that he had to leave or else sasumom would come, but nani informed them that DD had gone home to freshen up and would return around noon, so he could stay a while longer. 

"Did you sleep well last night?" she asked Roshni. 

"Yes nani" she replied

"Nani ma you are asking this question to the wrong person. The whole night she made me a pillow and slept peacefully and look at me! Puri back ki band bajwa di" said Siddharth and he started stretching. Roshni looked embarrassingly at Nani. 

"You are thinking about your back? Do you know how much pain I am in? See my leg I can't even move it!" she said jokingly. Siddharth gets serious and tells her, "You don't know the pain I went through when I heard about that fire. I am so sorry, Roshni.." 

He cups her face and stares in her eyes. "Siddharth, I was just kidding. I am perfectly alright and please Siddharth if you blame yourself again for this or you apologize to me again, I swear I will not talk to you." she replied. 

Nani wipes her tears of joy seeing them like this and says, "If you both are finished with the early morning melodrama, then can we have breakfast now? See I brought your favourite dish, Roshni!" 

Both Roshni and Siddharth laugh and have food from Nani's hands. Siddharth strictly instructs Nani to feed Roshni medicines on time and not to bear her endeavors. After breakfast, Siddharth leaves kissing Roshni and hugging nani ma.

"I knew it that, iss ghar ka jamai meri Roshni ke zindagi ko aur Roshan kar dega and jis ghar mein Sid jaisa jamai ho uss ghar ko tension leni ki zarwat hi nahi hai." 

Roshni smiles listening to Nani praising Sid.