Lonely Hearts Club

"So, miss Winters what do you think about this apartment?"

I was looking out of the big window into the massive building right in front of the one I was in and forgot to pay attention to the owner behind me. The flat was in an alright condition. Although, it was in a rather problematic neighbourhood but as for now this was all I could afford. It was already quite cheap but unfortunately not cheap enough.

"Mister Castello, I want to ask you something", I looked at him and went on with my talking, "is there a reason for this huge building across this really clingy street to block even the tiniest string of sunlight from here ? It's really dark and as for all I noticed there are two doors missing. A bedroom without a door in this kind of neighbourhood is a little inappropriate, don't you think?" I definitely needed to buy at least one later, because it was safer to sleep with closed doors in here .

"I see", he looked very disappointed, "unfortunately there is no other flat I have to show you and...", I didn't let him finish he just waisted his breath, for me this was just a pretext to sway the price in my favour. "I know there have been a lot of people you showed this place and your wife explained the urgency to sell this place on the phone to me. How about I give you 35 thousand for it?"

Mister Castello looked like l slapped him and I almost regretted my offer because it obviously was unrealistic.

"Miss Winters, there is no way for me to sell it for that offer, that's fifthy percent less than we decided we wanted for it, my wife would divorce me if she found out. There is no way."

"Sadly, we must call this off then."

I kept my pockerface on. I was about to leave when he stopped me in my tracks by saying:

"Okey , miss Winters. Please wait, I really want to sell this place already. How about we meet in the middle by 50 thousand but that's really my last offer."

Slowly turning around I pretended to think about it. For dramatics reasons I took a deep breath before I answered him

"Alright. Deal."

"Okey", he obviously was not happy about the deal, I felt so guilty towards him so I looked away and pretended to see something interesting out of the window. I didn't think he would get laid tonight. And I had to admit there was nothing wrong with this place expect it's being a little dark. This place might wasn't somewhere you want to see your children grow up but since I prefered to be alone that wouldn't become such a big problem.

Mister Castello brought me the keys and I promised to give him the payment in cash as soon as everything was legitimized lawfully. This was all that was left of what my father left me after his dead, since then I was looking for a place to settle. I guess I found it now. I signed the contract and we made appointments for all legal procedures.