Part 33

- At Lunch -

"So, you quit your triangle too?" Riley asked Thor.

"Uh, you can say that."

"Why?" Riley furrowed her eyebrows.

"Because Maya's right." Thor smiled at me.

"Wow. Say that again." I smiled.

"You're right Maya." Thor repeated.

"What's she right about?" Zay asked.

"There's a whole world out there. This high school is just a little jumping rock. You're not gonna be here forever. So you should enjoy it while you can."

"Little? High school is not little." Riley said.

"That's because you just stepped in. How did you feel on your first day of junior high?" Thor asked her.

"I feel like I'm grown up enough to handle my own problems. But I wasn't."

"And I almost burn down the school." I added.

"What?!" Thor, Smackle and Zay screamed at me.

"What? I was just a kid. I didn't know any better." I shrugged.

"Okay. She almost burn down the school. And I wore lipgloss for the first time. So what?"

"So, how do you feel about wearing lipgloss now?" Thor asked.

"I wear it everyday. It's... not really a big deal..now.."

"But it was a big deal then?" Thor asked again.

"Yeah. I got used to it now. I can use it with my eyes closed."

"High school is supposed to help you to get used with new people. I'm not saying you have to date new people. But most high school experience is about dating someone. Either you end up with them or not. You learn something."

"Okay.. what's that have anything to do with the triangle?"

"The triangle keeps you from being close to other people. My friends was stuck waiting for me to make a decision for 4 years when they... when 'we' could all enjoy the company of some other people. I missed on a lot high school experience by being in the triangle. I didn't get to go to dates, or ask someone I like to prom because I was afraid I'm gonna hurt the girls."

"I guess.." Riley sighed.

"When Maya said she don't wanna wake up one ay be 50 and still stuck in a triangle. I know I don't want that for my friends too. Especially if I really care about them. I'd want them to enjoy the world."

"Aren't you afraid of losing them?" Lucas asked.

"If it's meant to be it will be. No matter what. I believe that. My friends deserve the chance to get to know the world. If we end up together then it's great. If not, as long as they're happy, I'll be fine."

"We need to talk!" Lucas suddenly grabbed me by the waist put me on his shoulder and walked away.