Part 10

We've been driving for 20 minutes when Thor finally pulled over. To a hotel.

"Uh.."

"Relax Maya. I'm not that kind of guy." He noticed my worries.

"Not 100% sure." I stared at the very tall building in front of me. I didn't even notice Thor got out of the car until he knocked on my side window then opened the door for me.

"Trust me." He smiled and offered me his hand. I don't know why but I took it and got out of his car. He give his keys to a guy in a uniform. I'm guessing that's just a valet service.

"What are we doing here?"

"Dinner. And I wanna show you something."

"We're having dinner 'here'??" I emphasized.

"Just trust me, okay." He hold my hand tighter and dragged me to the elevator. I couldn't help but notice that all the employees here seem to be very polite to him. And since we're just high school students. That's kinda weird.

I was worried with my thoughts that I didn't even realize the elevator door's opened.

"Come on." He pulled my hand.

"Wow." I can't close my mouth.

He took me to the top of the building. And the view is amazing.

The whole rooftop has been designed like a park. So elegant and just beautiful. Flowers everywhere and the lights over our heads makes everything more beautiful.

"I thought this could cheer you up a bit." He smiled.

"A bit? This is amazing."

"Glad you liked it. My dad build this for my mom after they started dating and he proposed to her right here."

"What? Wait. Your dad owns this hotel?" That's why the employees act so nice to him.

"Uh, well my mom owns it now. My dad died when I'm 12."

"Oh, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better. I don't really have a dad too. He left a long time ago I don't even remember what it's like having a dad."

"That didn't make me feel better, Maya. I'm really sorry your dad left."

He took me to the corner of the rooftop, there's a table and 4 chairs there.

"This is incredible. You really made my day. I never knew there's a place to look at the sky like this in New York. Well, actually there are a lot of sky building here I just never been to the top of those buildings."

"Yeah. I like to spend some time here."

"I thought you were taking me here for some fancy dinner." I smiled looking at the sky. Not as beautiful as the night view I enjoyed in Texas but. This is really amazing.

"Fancy.. no.. but I did bring dinner." He pointed at something covered with black sheet on the table and gesture for me to sit.

"I hope you like pizza." He smiled uncovering a box of pizza and 2 can of sodas.

"Oh God." I laughed. "Well, who doesn't like pizza?" He opened the box and sit next to me.