Part 7

I was just sitting in my bedroom, drawing on my sketch book when I heard knocking on my window.

"What are you doing here, Hopalong?"

"Can I come in?" He asked. I opened my window and he jumped in. I stepped back taking some distance from him. I don't even know why I have the need to keep my distance.

"I talked to Riley." He stared at me confusedly.

"Yeah?" I sat on my bed. "And?"

"And.." He looked uneasy. "She kinda asked me out."

"Wow. She actually did it, huh? Well, good for her."

"Maya.."

"So, you two are dating now?" I asked. Why did I ask that? I didn't even wanna know that.

"Maya, I.." He stopped, and just stared at me.

"What are you doing here, Sundance?" I finally asked after a few minutes.

"I don't know."

"Well, since you have a girlfriend now, it's kinda inappropriate for you to be here at this hour. So, if there's nothing you wanna talk about.. then.." I point my finger at my window. Hinting for him to leave.

"Maya. Is this really what you want? You really don't like me anymore?"

"I don't think I ever liked you the way Riley like you. I'm sorry, Hopalong. If it weren't for me, maybe you two would've gotten married and have 3 kids by now." I joked. But neither of us laughed.

"Maya, I'm serious."

"Me too." I stared at his eyes. Me sitting down and him standing there makes him looked even more huge.

"I've been wondering about something though." I said.

"I'm wondering about a lot of things right now." He sighed.

"What do you like about me? Well actually I don't know if you like me. But, why did you let the three of us be in that triangle? Why did you let me get in the way of your relationship with Riley? What did you see in me?"

"You're a great girl, Maya." He smiled. "Of course I like you. You might be rough on the outside but on the inside you're sweet, loyal, caring.." I smiled at his answer and I cut him.

"That's enough, Sundance. Everything's clear now." I laughed a little.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You don't like me, Hopalong. You never liked me." I smiled.

And none of us said anything until we heard my mom came home. And Lucas finally leave.

I sat on my bed drawing all night.

I don't even know what I drew because I can't see clearly through my tears.