16. kiss in the rain

Maya pov
    we finally got back home (well to the airport, like we landed) and it was a relief to be home and not have to worry about anything anymore considering that was our last trip before break. I was dressed comfortably and fashionably in tight jogger sweatpants from pink and a loose long sleeve shirt with grey suede Nike high tops  and my hair in a long high up but loose ponytail. (below)

--------------------time skip---------------------While on the plane I was "asleep" (do u really think I would fall asleep so quickly while I'm super stressed and on a plane that quickly?)

(do u really think I would fall asleep so quickly while I'm super stressed and on a plane that quickly?). well anyways I heard Lucas say something and I was shocked (In a good way). I was gonna act like I didn't know what he said because if he did meant what he said I wanted to hear it from him not overhear it.

  I was standing there waiting for my suitcase to come. I saw Riley and Farkle talking to Zay with the rest of the group by the benches. So it was just me and Lucas waiting for our bags. he looked cute his hair was messy he had on a backwards baseball hat and basketball shorts and a tshirt that says "you mad bro?" with batman and the joker on it. He just kept looking at me. so I broke the silence. (below)

 (below)

"what?"

"nothing"

he was still staring.

"you know your an awful liar"

he laughed but didn't say anything else. we all got on the large bus that was going to take us back to school where we were responsible for our way home from there.
seating arrangement below

Farkle Riley                          Dave Zay
Darby yogi                         Sarah & cheese soufflé
me and he-haw              

We sat there in silence. I was so mad like how could you say these things and be so sweet and loving while we were away and as soon as we set foot in New York it's like I never knew him.
I had enough.

LUCAS!

what

why are you acting like I don't exsist-

Maya-

don't Maya me you know what friar I can't be something with somebody who as soon as things get rough or serious they run because I get left and its happened to me enough to that I've learned from my mistakes.

he tried to talk to me but I didn't listen I just ignored him until we got back to the school.
I was walking home because I didn't live far and Riley And Farkle were going out and I don't want to be a third wheel. It started pouring (great just great).

MAYA

WHAT NOW

I dropped my suitcase on the ground and turned and saw Lucas standing there in the rain.

you know this is really Nichols sparks of you

WHAT

just never mind what are you doing here

I WANT TO DO SOMETHING I SHOULD'VE DONE A LONG TIME AGO

WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

He ran up to me and kissed me (if you are thinking notebook like me I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he saw the movie on the plan and was inspired)

so you've been waiting how long to do that exactly.

since that day at school I pushed you against the lockers

oh?

yeah he said laughing. he paused for a minute before continuing
maybe I should go I'll text you later I don't really want to stand out in the rain much longer

yeah I'm gonna go sleep I'm super tired ha ha ha that jet lag
(me not knowing what the fuck to say because frankly I'm kinda speechless and I'm also awkward so... continue)

we kinda stood there awkwardly until we parted ways. wow I um don't know what to say.

ok so a bit longer but are you guys ready for a not plot twist but a big event/drama next chapter bc I am WOOP WOOP I have so many plans for this book it's insane and omg 4K reads and 15 parts published and my other book bite me bitch is at 1k reads POP THE CHAMPAGNE well I gg bye guys thanks sm (and yes it's delena on top)
-Aubree  😏😊😘✌🏻️