Chapter 20: Gone From My Grasp

Start from the beginning

“What are you doing out here?!”

“I’m so sorry, Ezio. I’m so sorry.” Caterina said

“What happened?”

“It was a trick. To lower our defenses.” I said

“As soon as you left, they attacked again. Checco Orsi – he has the Apple!”

“WHAT!? No! Where is he!?”

“We chased him out here. But the bastard’s escaped into the moutains-” I said

“I’m going!”

  I looked back to Niccolò and Caterina. Caterina had her children under her arms. I looked at both, anger rising in me. I pointed my finger back to the citadel. We all walked in. The kids went off. All three of us stopped by the gates.

“What now?” asked Caterina

“I cannot just let Ezio go out there alone!” I said as I put my arm behind me in the direction of the gate.

  Niccolò put up his hand to try to calm me, “I can handle it from here. Go, ride a horse to catch up with him.”

  I nodded my head and then turned and ran. I headed out the citadel and ran out to the city. I went around the corners and dodged the group of guards. I got to the entrance of the city and ran out. I found a horse just outside the entrance and jumped on and headed towards the mountains. After a few minutes of running on the horse, I found a group of guards and Checco surrounding Ezio. I jumped off my horse and stabbed one guard in the back with my sword. None of the guards saw me and I went over to the next one. I stabbed the guard in the back. Two of the guards saw me and I back away a couple of feet to give Ezio room.

  I smiled and then took my thumb and ran it slowly over my neck showing what I was going to do to them. One of them attacked me once I was finished with my threat. I stepped aside and then took my sword and swinged it at the guards chest and then to the guards back. The guard fell down and hit the ground. I looked to the other guard when I noticed that another group of guards were coming our way. I quickly turned around and looked at Ezio.

“Ezio! Assassinate him! NOW!”

  I turned back around. I looked behind the guard as I was killing him and noticed the group was made out of the bigger guards or the guards with the long sticks. The harder ones. I put away my sword away and then went into first stance getting ready to take one of their swords. All of the guards came over to me. One of the bigger ones attacked me first. I jumped to the side and held the axe. I kicked the guard in the stomach. He let go of the axe. I took it and then put the axe behind me and aimed the axe at the guards head as hard as possible. I put the axe deep into his skull and left it there as I kicked him in the stomach to make him go down for good.

  I turned around and looked at the rest of them. Four more to go. I looked to one of the guards holding the stick. I looked to the other one that had the stick. I looked between the both of them and decided to do a risky move. I grabbed the sticks and pulled them to me and tried to pull the sticks from their hands. One had a good hold on his stick but the other didn’t and I pulled it away from him. I flipped the stick over in my hands so that the blade of the stick was facing the guards. I looked to the other guard holding the stick and made a quick move and hit the stick out of the way and then took the stick and stabbed the guard.

  The stick broke at the impact. I was only left with half a stick sword. I took a step back then stabbed the bigger guard in the neck with the broken part of the sword. The guard fell to the ground and so did Ezio. I looked over to him and he was on the ground bleeding right beside Checco’s dead body.