Chapter 14: Alone

Start from the beginning

“Later.”

  I walked into the Villa house and headed to Mario’s office. Once I got there, Mario was standing by the secret door. Normally we would meet somewhere else but today, we decided it would be best to meet here. Mario turned to look at me and then weakly smiled. He opened the door and we both stepped in. Mario closed the door behind me. We both headed down the stairs and into the Sanctuary. The group of Assassins were already in a circle. They all looked over to Mario and I as we walked in. I flashed a quick smile to all of them.

“How was your trip to France?”

  I turned over to La Volpe who I have not seen in over ten years. I walked over and hugged him. I looked around to the group of Assassins and then stood beside Niccolò. Mario joined my side. I looked around the room.

“Bene, we are all here.” Niccolò said

“Why did you call this meeting, Niccolò?”

“You did not call the meeting?” asked Bartolomeo

  Normally I was the one who called the meetings but this time it was Niccolò. I shook my head and then looked over to Niccolò.

“Sì, I was the one who called the meeting. I wanted to talk about our new recruit.”

  I huffed and then spoke under my breath, “Our new recruit is an culo! [ass]”

  Mario elbowed me and I looked over to him. There was a bit of disapproval on his face but he quickly went back to listening to Niccolò. I turned my head to look to Niccolò.

“What do you think? Is he ready?”

  Most nodded their heads but I just stood there. I looked over to Mario and then to look towards the wall. Niccolò looked over to me.

“What reason do you have to not make him a full Assassin?”

“He is still an ignorant fool! It might take years for him to finally mature!”

  Niccolò looked to the floor with his hands together in front of him. Such a politician thing to do. He looked over to me.

“Anything else you want to add?”

“He still has training to do with me. He is getting better but he will need at least a bit longer.”

  Niccolò smiled to me.

“You want this to be right, don’t you?”

  I huffed, rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Niccolò looked over to the rest of the group.

“I do see where Jessica is getting at. He does still have training to do. Hmmm . . .”

  I looked around the room. I looked towards Teodora. She was wise, well with words. I am a bit surprised that she has not spoken during this meeting yet. I didn’t want Niccolò to continue talking about Ezio, so I decided to change the subject.

“Does anybody know what is going in Cyprus?”

“My thieves have not heard anything.” Antonio said

“Neither has mine.” La Volpe spoke, he put his hand up to his chin and looked around, “A bit strange don’t you think? Most of the time, we know something going on with the Templars and now, we know nothing.”

  I looked around the room. People were starting to talk over one another. I walked over to the center of the circle and put both my fingers to my lips and let out a whistle. Everybody looked to me. I looked around the room to each one of them.