Chapter 3: Defeated

Start from the beginning

When I walked by Claudia I gave her a smile and then continued to walk to Mario's office. My smile faded when I saw Ezio. I rolled my eyes and then walked over to stand by Mario. I looked at him and then to Ezio.

"Ezio, I want you to meet Jessica."

I felt like I should extend my hand but instead I just nod my head. Ezio didn't put out his hand either and I knew I made the right choice by not putting out my hand. I looked back to Mario and he had a concerned look on his face. I knew I couldn't do anything to change it but I didn't like how it looked on Mario. Mario was a warrior, not someone who got confused easily.

"How do you know her, uncle?" Ezio asked

"I guess you could say, she is my figlia. [daughter]"

"Figlia?!"

"Sì, it has been so long, I'm not really surprised that you don't remember."

"Figlia?!" Ezio said again in his shocked state

Mario is right, it has been a long time. Fourteen years to be exact. It has been too long. Now that I realize the situation, it does make sense that he doesn't remember. I mean, the last time I saw him was when we were kids! I looked over to Mario. He looked, calm for the situation. I looked back over to Ezio. He was still shocked. I rolled my eyes. I was about to walk out of the room when Ezio spoke up.

"Is she an Assassin?"

I turned to face him, my anger boiling.

"No, I just decided to cut off my finger for fun!" I almost yelled as I was showing him what was left of my ring finger on my left hand

That shut him up and he didn't say anything else. I was again, about to turn and walk away when Ezio spoke up again.

"Dispiacere . . . [sorry]"

I looked to him and then to Mario, he truly did feel sorry. I looked at him as my anger boiled down. I turned to look at Mario again and then to Ezio and walked off. I walked out of the office and then walked outside. I took in a deep breath of fresh air and then looked around. I started to run. I didn't care where, I just ran. I ran to the front of the building and then climbed up. Once I got to the first roof, I ran over to the second smaller one. I climbed up and then sat down on the side looking out to the Villa. It was a nice view of the Villa and it helped calm me down. I would always go up here when I was lost or just needed to relax.

I closed my eyes and let my other senses take over. I took in a deep breath and let it out. I opened my eyes to see that the sun was going down. I looked out to the sun set. A smile crept on my face. I looked around and then put up my hood. I liked to hide my emotions and what I'm thinking. It was the best way to escape. I was just about to get up and jump down in the haystack at the bottom of the front of the Villa, when I heard the window open just below me.

I wanted to look down to see who it was, but I had a feeling I knew. I closed my eyes hoping this was a dream, hoping I would wake up soon, but nothing. I huffed and opened my eyes. I looked over to my left and saw Ezio pulling himself up on the small roof. I turned back to look at the Villa, trying to ignore him. Once he got up, he stopped and then slowly walked towards me. I didn't move and I guess he took that as a sign that it was alright for him to sit down beside me. He sat down and I could hear the clink of his sword hitting the tiled roof. I looked over to him for a second and then looked back to the view.

"Do you mind explaining why you are always so mad at me?" Ezio asked

I looked at him cold in the eyes as I got up.

"I'm not the one who forgot my past."

I took a step backwards and then jumped off the small roof. I did a Leap of Faith into a haystack at the front of the Villa entrance. I jumped out and didn't look back to the roof. I couldn't. I just walked in the Villa house and went straight to my room.