Chapter 48

Ally's POV

'Home sweet home,' I thought to myself, as I unlocked my apartment door and trailed in, ready for a shower and a long, very needed nap. Today was the last day of final exams. I hadn't been getting much sleep since I needed to get studying in, and work at the same time. I was thankful that Austin was there to help me every night when I needed him. He would stay up with me until I felt like I'd learned enough of the subject for one night. I plopped down on the sofa and closed my eyes, hoping that I would soon fall into a very needed slumber.

But before I could settle in and clear my mind, Austin came in, holding his backpack and a bag of groceries; "Hey sleepy head," he said, as he made his way into the kitchen to put away the food he purchased.

I smiled as I got up to greet him with a hug and a kiss; "Hey," I replied, wrapping my arms around him and burying my head into his chest; "I was about to fall asleep and then you came in, sometimes I wonder why I gave you a key to my apartment."

"Hey, if you didn't I wouldn't be able to just walk in with jars of pickles, and other things, plus I'm sure you wouldn't want to be woken up by loud banging at your door," he replied.

"Hmm I guess you're right," I said, as I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"No work today?" He questioned.

"Nope, my boss called me and told me that they're renovating, so I'll be taking the next few days off, of course since its not my fault that I'm off work he still has to pay me, which sounds a little selfish, but when it comes to rent and buying groceries, I need to be selfish."

"That is very true," he placed a hand on my cheek and leaned in for another kiss, this one lasting longer then the previous one.

"What did you get from the store?" I asked, as I made my way into the kitchen.

"I noticed you were almost out of milk and cereal yesterday so I got that, and some pickles and eggs," he replied, making his way over to the sofa to begin his homework; "I have to finish this history paper, I'm glad Mr. Williams is letting me turn it a little late, otherwise I'd be screwed."

I giggled; "You only have a paragraph left, why didn't you finish it before school today?"

"I just want it to be good, I don't want to fail, I want to get into a good college," he mumbled.

I wasn't surprised, I knew that Austin was a goody goody two shoes at heart, just like me; "And I know you will," I said, placing a kiss on his forehead; "I'm going to go hop in the shower, take your time, if you need my help don't hesitate to ask."

Austin's POV

I watched as she dissapeared into the other room, and waited until I heard the shower turn on to get up and check my text messages. Just as I'd suspected, they were all from Cassidy.

After everyone found out about me and Ally a few months back, all hell broke loose. Cassidy began blowing up my phone, threatening to tell Ally what I'd said about her 8th grade year. I knew that if she did, I would never see Ally again, and that scared me.

But I knew that if I broke up with Ally and gave Cassidy what she really wanted, I wouldn't be happy, and it would break Ally's heart. I wanted Ally to remain mine forever, even if that meant I would have to risk losing her.

I started ignoring Cassidy, hoping she would go away, and realize that I was no longer interested in her. But that only made it worse. Everyday I would get a text, saying the same thing; 'Break up with her, or I'll do it for you,' those words made me panic, even after reading them back to back, everyday.

I knew I would have to do something to put a stop to it, but I didn't know what.

I thought for a moment, then realized, all I needed to do, was talk. I took a deep breath in and dialed in her number, silently waiting for an answer.

"Austy!" she beamed, I cringed at the sound of her voice.

"Why won't you leave me alone?! What's with you? Why won't you just give up and move on?" I questioned, as I made my way outside.

"Well that's not the way to greet someone, I think that was rude!" She exclaimed, avoiding my question.

My body began to fill with anger, I wasn't in the mood to deal with her, I just wanted an answer; "Just shut the hell up and tell me why the fuck you're messing with me and MY relationship," I snapped.

She sighed and sat in silence for a moment before answering; "Its simple, really, its because I don't think that wannabe popular bitch deserves to have you, plus its fun messing with you, why should you be happy anyway?"

"I should be the one asking that question, you're the one that cheated! It's your fault we broke up, if you hadn't fucking cheated, we might still be together! But you're the one who ruined us, I was the one who had to sit back and watch you and John Burkley make out in the halls everyday, I should be happy because I deserve it and so does Ally, so do me a favor and quit threatening me, quit texting me, quit calling me, quit messing with Ally, and quit playing the fucking pity card because the whole school knows who you really are already," I replied.

"Hmph, I don't know what happened to you, but I hope you snap out of it soon, maybe I'll leave you alone, maybe I won't, but I guess you wont know until its too late," and with that, she hung up the phone, leaving me to think about what happened. I rushed back inside and retrieved Ally's phone, I needed to make sure Cassidy never talked to her. I blocked her number, facebook, twitter, and instagram. Doing that, eased my panic a little bit, I knew now that Cassidy would have no way of contacting Ally besides school. I put her phone back down on the counter, and tucked mine into my pocket.

I knew that I would need to tell Ally what I'd said about her. That was the only way we would be able to continue growing in our relationship. I had a lot on my mind that I needed to clear up, and if I wanted Ally and I to last forever, I would need to tell her.

I just didn't know when.