Chapter 46

Austin's POV

I gazed at her sleeping figure in awe. I was pretty sure that Ally and I had sex. No, I knew we had sex. I knew it by the way our clothes were all over the place, the only thing covering us was the blanket she and I were sharing. I sighed deeply, I already knew how this morning would work out. Ally would wake up, and freak out upon learning about last night's activities, then she would make it even more awkward by crying, and possibly apologizing. I would too have to apologize, because I did in fact take Ally's virginity, or as she likes to call it; her "card." And then I would end up gathering all of my stuff together, and leaving.

I didn't want Ally to be upset about this incident though, even though I knew she would be. I wanted her to finally say; "shit happens." She almost never did though, it was like she wanted everything to run smoothly, she wanted everything her way, and if it wasn't done that way then to hell with it.

I rolled over and looked up at the ceiling, I wondered if it would be better for me to leave. I figured it would soften the blow. But I knew that if I did so, it would leave Ally even more confused about last night. And I didn't want that.

But I couldn't help but think about it, it was so easy to get up, leave, and never contact Ally again. It wasn't new to me. But somehow, I didn't want to leave Ally, even though I knew the way she would react to this situation

I turned to face her again. She looked so peaceful. I didn't want to bother her, or wake her.

So I decided I would just lay there next to her. I wanted to be in her presence for as long as I could, before she woke up, and everything came crashing down. I placed a gentle kiss upon her cheek and turned to face the ceiling once again.

"Ally, I wish you knew," I whispered under my breath, before I closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep once more.

Ally's POV

I blocked the suns bright glare with my hand as I sat up. My mind numbing hangover overtaking me as I began to think about last night's activities. I couldn't remember a thing, not even the small things, things that a normal person would remember after getting drunk. Everything was blank.

I stood up, wondering where my brown haired friend had run off to.

"Maybe he went home last night," I mumbled to myself, as I skimmed through my closet. Not noticing the fact that I wasn't at all clothed until I picked out what I'd be wearing for the day. At first I thought nothing of it, people tend to do weird things when drunk, and maybe I was one of those people. But I changed my mind as I turned towards my bed, a mess of platinum brown hair standing out against my white sheets.

"No..." I whispered to myself in disbelief; "We couldn't have, could we?" I questioned.

I looked around my room. Different articles of clothing thrown left and right, it was a mess in here, and I knew why; "Austin, and I... had sex," I said to myself, as I finally came to realization of what really went down last night.

I didn't want to panic, not with him right there, in the same room as me, naked. I decided I would get in the shower before I did anything. I knew I needed time to think before I even attempted to talk to him. I grabbed my clothes, a pair of underwear, and a bra, and trudged off to the bathroom.

"I don't even know where to begin," I thought to myself; "I knew it would happen one day, but... not like that. And what am I supposed to say to him once he wakes up? Oh hi Austin! You took my v-card last night! I don't want any of this to be awkward for us, but knowing how I can be sometimes, I'm bound to make him uncomfortable. Maybe we'll both brush it off like we did at Alex Waterman's party, that incident wasn't nearly as bad as this one but it almost was, so technically, we have nothing to worry about," I tried to reassure myself, as I stepped into the shower, letting the warm water run down my back as I attempted to clear my mind of Austin.

I didn't know what we were going to do, I was confused, if we stopped on the night of that party then why didn't we stop last night? What was so different about last night? I would never know. Not unless Austin remembered something I didn't, or everything just came back to me.

I hoped that nothing would be different between us, I wanted to overlook everything and keep moving on with our friendship. But I found it difficult to believe that everything would be just fine. If he didn't make things awkward, I knew that I would.

I cleared my mind as I lathered shampoo into my hair. The last thing I needed was to be worrying about something else. I already had to deal with Jessica, I didn't need or want to be involved in unnecessary things as well.

I hated the fact that I wouldn't be seeing Ryan anytime soon. It had only been a few hours, and I was already missing him like crazy.

"Why was Jessica keeping him from me? And why wouldn't she let me come over and see him?" I thought to myself, as I turned the water off, and stepped out of the shower; "She... she couldn't have done something bad to him last night could she? Maybe she left a bruise on him or something and didn't want me to see, that's the only GOOD explanation, but Jessica wouldn't do something like that, after all, I have known her for years now, and Ryan adores her... but then again... things change." I threw my hair up in a messy bun after I finished dressing. I'd almost completely forgotten about the Austin situation until I bumped into him in the hallway.

"Uh... eh... Good... good morning," I stuttered, as a faint smile spread across my lips.

"Good morning to you too princess," he replied; "How did you sleep?"

"Haha, I wouldn't know, I don't remember a damn thing," I said, looking up into his chocolate brown eyes; "Would you... maybe like some coffee, or ibuprofen?" I questioned, as I made my way into the kitchen.

"Both would actually be really nice," I watched as he made his way into the living room, to clean up the mess he and I had made the previous night; "So... are we gonna talk about what happened last night or are we just gonna pretend like I didn't swipe your V-card?" Austin questioned nonchalantly.

"I guess we have no other choice," I muttered, as I began brewing our coffee; "Honestly I don't want this to change things between us, I woke up this morning, with every intention of never talking to you again, and then I thought about our friendship, and noticed that I couldn't just do that to you, I couldn't do that to us, because what we have is special," I rambled.

He chuckled and turned to face me; "You know, I feel the same way Al's, but besides that there's something I've been meaning to tell you, its been on my mind since the day we started talking," he said, his face showing mixed emotions.

"Okay, well what is it?"

"I'd rather talk about it when you're sitting down, that way it's not too much of a shock for you," he replied, twiddling his thumbs.

"Okay... then," I wondered what he had to tell me, I wondered if he would finally tell me about whatever he told Cassidy in the 8th grade, it had been bugging me since the day he told me. But I never bothered to ask him again, he always got irritated when he talked about her. I couldn't blame him either, after she cheated on him like that, and proceeded to date the guy that she'd been cheating on Austin with. I knew it had to sting.

I carefully poured our coffee into separate mugs and retrieved the ibuprofen before I went to sit with Austin. I didn't care if this hot coffee spilled on me, the only thing I was concerned about was what Austin had to tell me.

I sat down and looked him in the eyes, waiting anxiously as he searched for the right words to say.

"Well.." he began.