Chapter 32

Ally's POV

I woke up the next day feeling just as confused as I was yesterday. My mind was racing with so many thoughts and my heart was beating faster than ever. I wanted to know why he kissed me, I was the cat that curiosity killed. I knew I would have to ask why, I wouldn't be able to get it off my mind if I didn't do so. This was something I couldn't avoid.

I slowly crawled out of bed, searching my closet for my favorite outfit (image below).

Today I didn't have my usual excitement for school, I dreaded it today, I didn't want to ask why he did so, I didn't want to see Austin at all

Today I didn't have my usual excitement for school, I dreaded it today, I didn't want to ask why he did so, I didn't want to see Austin at all. And as tempted as I was to stay at home, I knew I would regret not asking, and skipping school. I curled my hair, applied light makeup, and ate breakfast. Then I sat for a while before I headed to school.

Austin's POV

"Dude, what are you going to do?!" Alex asked in a panicking tone.

"I don't know," I mumbled; "I don't really know anything right now to be honest."

"Well you have to figure it out, this is Ally Stewart we're talking about here, you know when you do something out of the blue like that, she'll demand answers."

This was true and I knew it was, which is why me kissing Ally put ten million things on my plate at once. I wanted to badly confess how much I really liked her but I didn't think she would want me the way I wanted her. I knew what was best, I knew I had to distance myself from her right then, because if I didn't, things would get awkward. It was stupid of me to ruin what Ally and I had with a kiss. But when she told me she'd never kissed anyone before, something in me wanted to be her first kiss. And I guess in that moment I didn't think about what it would do, I wanted Ally to feel the same feelings I felt being around her every day. Knowing that I would have to distance myself from her, hurt more than anything, but I knew it would be best for the both of us. No further explination needed. Maybe I wouldn't go back to bullying her but we sure wouldnt be caught leaving school together again, I was the old Austin again, argumentive, snappy, rude. That's what Austin Mahone, Ally Stewart and the rest of the school knew. And that was who I would be until graduation day came around.

Ally's POV

I marched up to Austin, head held high, hand held up ready to tap his shoulder, and slightly holding my breath. I hadn't come up with what I was going to say, I just knew I needed to ask him what was up.

I tapped his shoulder twice and watched as he whirled around, his facial expression going from excited to gloomy in seconds.

"Oh, hey," he said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"I need to talk to you... In privite," I replied, eying the brunette boy he was chatting with.

He wrinkled his eyebrows, a hint of hesitation in his eyes before he agreed to come into the janitors closet to talk with me, at school, this was the safest place to have a conversation without anyone easedropping.

We crammed into the janitors closet and shut the door, he turned on the light, and was now looking me in the eyes.

"Look I know what this is about," he began, "Before you even go off on me Ally... I just wanna say sorry, it was stupid of me to take something so sentimental to you, your first kiss," he said, deepening his stare with every word said. His words lightened my mood, and fogged my mind. Somehow I forgot what we even came in there for.

We sat there for a long while in silence before I gathered everything together again, this time I at least had an idea of what I was going to say.

"It's okay Austin... but I just want to know one thing... why?" I asked.

"Why what?" he replied a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Why did you kiss me?" I questioned, losing my patience already.

He sighed, again, avoiding eye contact with me; "Ally, you would never understand even if I tried to explain it to you, look maybe we should just talk about this later, like when you come over to work on our chemistry project."

"That time is for working on our chemistry project not talking about an unexpected kiss," I snapped, even though our project was just about done.

"Well then I guess we just won't talk about it. And thats fine by me," he retorted. And with that, he left. Leaving me with my thoughts. I didnt know what to say, or do. I didn't want to be in school, I didn't want to be around these people, I wanted to leave, I wanted to drive, for a long, long time. I needed to get out of Miami, and start a new life. I screwed up this one here.

I slowly walked out of the janitors closet and made my way to homeroom, I was five minutes late, but I didn't care. Why did I feel so heartbroken? Why did I feel like sitting and watching old romance movies and eating ice cream? I felt so alone.

I walked into the classroom and sat in the front of the classroom, since all of the seats in the back of the room were taken.

"Well it's nice of you to join us," my homeroom teacher said, glaring at me.

"Sorry I was late, I had problems with my brother this morning," I lied, sitting down. I couldn't really tune into what she was saying, because my mind wanted to think of Austin and everything that happened. And I couldnt control it.