Chapter 25

Ally's POV

His beautiful brown hair, glimmering in the sunlight, his hazel eyes gleaming perfectly. He was all mine, the perfect beautiful, amazing Austin Mahone. I didn't know how it happened but it did, and now here we were, standing on the beach, hand and hand, watching the sunset.

"Ally?" he turned to me, the perfect gleam in his eyes still shining down at me.

"Yes?" I responded, hoping it was a good thing.

"Ally?"

"Yes?"

"ALLY?"

"What?!"

"ALLY STEWART WAKE UP."

I jumped, waking from my dream, and meeting the eyes of the boy that was in it moments ago.

"Huh, oh sorry I fell asleep... I uh... yeah," I replied, frantically searching for words. I Ally Stewart couldn't have been dreaming about Austin Mahone like that, it wouldn't be right for one, and also, he's Austin Freaking Mahone, popular, cute, has every single girl latched to his arm at every given moment.

"Well, I came to pick you up, your boss says since no one is here you can close up early," he said.

"Oh, no need I'll just walk home," I responded with a wave of my hand.

"No you walked here, I insist on taking you home, its nearly raining out there Ally," he said gesturing towards the already damped windows. He had a point, and I really had no reason to reject his offer, we had been getting along lately.

I sighed in defeat; "Alright, let me grab my jacket," I replied, sauntering upstairs to the coat closet; "You've been oddly nice to me lately Mr. Mahone, and I hope you know that if your trying to pull something on me I WILL find out, and it won't be pretty when I do!" I warned retrieving my jacket, and returning to my spot behind the counter to find the keys to the store.

"I'm not pulling anything I'm just trying to be nice for once, is that so hard to believe?" he asked, trailing behind me.

"A little," I muttered, grabbing the keys, and making my way to the door; "You know you DID bully me for 12 years, then you all of a sudden changed for some reason, and now you're being nice to me," I explained, locking the door and turning to him.

"Well... you do have a point, but I swear, I'm not trying to pull anything I promise on, on my friendship with Alex!"

I looked up into his eyes, and frowned; "You, and your stupid ways... and stuff," I grumbled, walking away. He lightly chuckled, and caught up behind me, casually throwing an arm around my shoulder and ushering me to his car.

Once we were in the car, he switched on the heat, and turned on the radio.

"You seem really pissed right now. I mean earlier you were all happy and now, you're umm... I don't know," he said breaking the odd silence between the two of us.

"I just had a bad day at work. Some man came up to me trying to buy an iPhone and I kept telling him it was a music store, but that didn't stop him from asking, he just kept going on. In the end I ended up giving him an actual Apple, and pushing him out the store. He sat and yelled outside for like 2 hours," I muttered.

"Well... He seems like a pain in the ass, you know?"

"Yeah... I know," then the car filled with complete silence. I began thinking about my father, completely forgetting about my surroundings at the moment. It hadn't been long since he'd passed away, and I'd missed him more than ever. Yeah maybe he wasn't living the best life on this earth because of how sick he was, but he could've gotten better. And though the doctors told me there was nothing I really would've been able to do to save him, I still felt terrible every morning.

"You miss him?" Austin asked, slightly startling me.

"W-what do you mean?" I questioned.

"Your dad, you miss him right?"

"Well of course, who wouldn't," I snapped.

"It's not your fault you know."

"I know that," I lied.

"No you don't Ally. Anyone can look into your eyes, and see the guilt you feel towards not being there that night."

"Well... I guess my eyes are liars. I know what the doctors told me Austin, I couldn't do anything about it," I mumbled.

He sighed deeply as he pulled into my driveway, his gaze settled angrily at the garage door; "Look, you may think I'm just trying to push your buttons, but I'm not. You may say that you don't think it was your fault, but in your mind you know what your thinking. And I want you to know that it's no one's fault."

"Why are you telling me this Austin? Because last I checked you couldn't give two fucks."

"I care, no matter how much I've bullied you. When it comes to losing someone close to you it's a serious deal."

"What would you know about losing someone close to you?" I spat.

"There's a lot you don't know about me," he muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing... You should probably go, Jessica is probably waiting for you to come inside," he said, now sounding a little panicked.

"Um.... Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I replied, now confused.

"Yeah...Mhm... see you then."