Chapter 17

Happy New Years! Here's a New Years update 🔥🎉

Austin's POV

Something was wrong, and though she hadn't clarified it, I knew by the anxious look on her face. I just wished I could get it out of her, I watched as she fell back into her thoughts, her face falling more and more as she went deeper and deeper into them.

"Uh... Ally?"

"Huh? Oh sorry, I must have uh... really gotten into the TV show," she said.

"The show went off 10 minutes ago, infomercials are playing now," I informed her.

"Oh.... I uh like his infomercials, they let you know important things... for example, the snuggie, it's a blanket... WITH ARMS!" she stammered.

I slowly nodded my head; "yeah... are you sure you just got caught up in the infomercial and not something else?"

"I'm sure, infomercials are fun... they've always interested me...." She murmured.

I cleared my throat and looked around the room, not wanting to fall back into an awkward silence; "So this is your house? It's pretty nice."

"Uh... no actually this house belongs to the girl that babysits my little brother, after my dad died, I knew I wouldn't be able to live there anymore, so I came and lived here, only until I can get an apartment though."

"Oh, you have a little brother? I want to meet him!" I exclaimed.

"He's not uh... here right now; he went out with the babysitter. I don't know when he'll be back," she muttered.

"Oh, well maybe I'll get to meet him on another day," I replied with a warm smile.

"Yeah... maybe."

I couldn't shake the feeling, I knew something was wrong with her, and I was determined to get it out.

Ally's POV

Uncomfortable, that's the word I'm looking for. A situation like this couldn't get any more awkward than it already was. It irritated me how he kept acting like he actually cared. I wanted to tell him that I knew exactly what he was up to, and that it wasn't going to work.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I'm not sure actually, I was about to ask the same thing," he replied.

"I'm sorry, if you want to leave you can, its late," I said.

"Well are you going to go to bed if I leave?" he asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

"No, I'm waiting for Ryan and his babysitter," I admitted.

"Well until they get here I'll stay with you," he replied. I looked into his hazel eyes for a moment, wondering if what he said was genuine.

"Thanks Austin... but you don't have to do that, I know you'd rather be at home, playing video games or something."

"No... well kind of but, you don't want to be alone so I won't let you."

I glared at him for a moment; "Why are you being so nice to me? One moment you're being an ass and the next you're being sweet and making me giggle," I replied.

He shrugged his shoulders and smirked; "It just comes naturally."

Why was he being so nice to me? I wanted it to stop, I felt like it was pity. And I didn't NEED pity, I needed someone who wanted to be there for me. Someone who wanted to be a genuine friend to me, and care about the things going on in my life. At that moment I wondered why I even asked Austin to come over here, I knew he wouldn't care in the first place, so what was the point? In the end I guess I couldn't really blame anyone but myself for it thought. I acted like I needed someone to be with me, as if I'd actually have the strength to get up and do something to myself.

I couldn't help but let myself think about Ryan again. What was I going to do if they took him from me? Not only would my whole life be pointless, but I would be lonely too. My whole life has revolved around Ryan and his well being, if someone took that from me I'm not sure what I'd do with myself. It was completely wrong of them to take him from me, not only because I was selfish and wanted him to myself, but also because they had no valid reason to take him from me, they had no right to say I wasn't fit enough to take care of him. So what if I worked and went to school, tons of parents do it. So many parents spend a majority of their time soaked in work, that their kids are the last thing on their minds. Why was it fair that they got to wake up and see their kids every day, knowing that they won't even have enough time in their schedule to acknowledge them, when I couldn't even see my brother, who I would do anything to spend time with?

"Ally, something is on your mind, I know it, I wish you would just tell me," Austin blurted, pulling me from my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows, why did it even matter to him?

"No, nothing is on my mind, I'm just tired, this is how I get when I'm tired," I lied, avoiding his hazel eyes.

"It would be a lot easier for me to comfort you if you just told me what's going on," he muttered, sighing in defeat.

I knew I made the wrong decision, calling Austin over here, expecting him to help. I began to fall into my thoughts again, but before I could, the door swung open, revealing Jessica. She wore a wide smile on her face and had a small bag of toys in hand. I took my gaze from her, to the small figure trotting behind her in the darkness. I didn't have to see his face to know who it was. Standing right behind Jessica, with a bright smile, was Ryan. I couldn't be happier.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A SAFE AND FUN NIGHT AND HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY 🎉🎉🎉🎉