16

Ryan's POV~

I closed my eyes and reopened them only to see my mother walk through the door. I felt my blood run cold as she quickly changed her expression to a happy one.

"My sweet child what happened to you?" She forced her smile. She came to my bed and sat on the edge of it. "How did you escape from your room you little twirt?" She hissed into my ear.

"You can cut the act Valerie." A man dressed as a police officer followed her in and crossed his arms over his chest.

She swooshed her head back and I swore I saw her eyes turned red for an instance before returning them to its normal color again.

"You're actually right Norman." She glared at him and quickly turned her head back to me. "I should stop acting." She gritted her teeth together and slapped the back of my head.

"Valerie!" In came the doctor who tried attending me earlier.

"Charlie?!"

I looked back and forth at my mother and the doctor who just stood there in shock, staring at each others.

"Um am I missing something here?" I winced while holding the back of my head in pain.

She quickly shot up from the side of my bed and walked out with the doctor from my room, leaving with me the officer.

"So she has a child." He smirked and came towards the foot of my bed. "Sucks for you doesn't it?"

"As a matter of fact it does." I replied to his obvious sarcasm.

The officer caught my seriousness and got to my side.

"What does she does to you?" He asked with worry in his voice.

As much as I wanted to tell the whole situation I have with my parents, I decided to remain quiet and look at the monitor attached to me instead. His eyes trailed to my bandages wrapped around my head.

"Who did this to you?" His eyes narrowed on me.

"No one." I gave a nervous laugh. "I bumped into someone while I was running."

"Running away from who?" He sat on the edge of my bed.

"What's with you asking so many questions?" I questioned him suspiciously.

"No reason." He shrugged and looked away.

From outside, I could hear my mother's voice arguing with the doctor. Their voices came out muffled but just the way it sounded got me to believe they were in an argument.

Like in a couple situation.

Not even me being in this hospital bed moved my mother's heart. She was stone cold for me and didn't even show not even a little bit of compassion. Heck it even angered me how she cared more of the doctor than me. She knew his name and just completely forgot about me. Why did she even came when she doesn't even cares for me?

"Why are you with her?" I frowned to the officer.

His jaw bone tensed and he fisted his hands. Whatever reason it was, I kinda knew why. My mother had every freaking man behind her so I doubt this guy wasn't one of those men after my mother. He was about to say something when my mother came back in with the doctor.

"Get up we are leaving." My mother came to my side and started to unattached my wires and remove the bandages over my head. She hurriedly released me from everything and dug her nails onto my arm, pulling me out from bed and dragged me out from the door. The officer and doctor followed close behind us as my mother practically ran with me outside the hospital building to the parking lot where my father's car was parked. The only relief I had was that at least my father wasn't here to make things worse.

"Oh he will when we get home and I tell him the shit you got into." My mother read my mind, gritting her teeth.

"Unbelievable!" I spat. "Not only you make a show in the hospital but not even my mind can have privacy!" Anger surged through me as well as embarrassment as nurses and random people stared at us with awkwardness.

"You are the one unbelievable!" My mother yelled. "I can't have a normal life without you causing problems or interfering with my plans!" She pushed me in the back seat of the car and got in the driver seat. She was about to speed off when the officer practically almost got run over by my mother. He jumped into the passenger's seat and buckled up.

"What do think you are doing Norman?!" She yelled.

"I might have a good reason to arrest you now." He gave a quick glance at me and grabbed my mother's arm. "Not only is your own child a victim but you stole him without paying the hospital."

"Victim?!" She looked back at me and pulled out a knife from under her dress. "What did you tell him you brat?!"

My heart froze as my mother revealed her hidden knife. Norman threw his hands in the air in form of surrender.

"Valerie put the knife down." He slowly told her.

Her eyes nervously looked at him but then narrowed when she looked at me.

"Valerie drop it." Norman slowly tried reaching for her.

"Not until I kill my witnesses." Her eyes went to Norman.

My tongue got tied as I was lost for words. My mother really lost her marbles this time. I wanted to run out from the car but my mother saw my intentions and locked all the doors with just the push of a button. Fear of mother thumped in my heart as my life was actually in danger. Knowing my mother, She was capable of even killing her own child.

"Valerie look at me." Norman gently placed his hands on her shoulders. "Please put that away and talk." He gave a nervous smile.

"Easy for you to say." She mumbled. "Not only I have to put up with this brat but you are driving me crazy whenever you're around me." She showed me the knife and slowly placed it back on the strap of her leg under the dress.

"Come lets talk." He offered her his hand. She slowly accepted it and got out of the car. I sat behind the seats breathing hard as I saw my mother talk whatever to the officer. I couldn't escape from her not even a day and she always finds out where I am.

"Edenfield?! As in Edenfield? Edenfield...."

I remembered the doctor earlier when Kendra was with me. He acted very nervously when I told him my last name. Speaking of which.... He appeared and stood beside my mother as the officer was speaking.

If only I knew what just happened with my mother. I knew she was crazy but what just happened minutes ago, actually frightened me.