30

Ryan's POV~

I was sitting by myself reading a book in the library progressing all what happened when I was in Mrs. Trinity's office. I had a huge wait on my shoulders now thanks to my mother and my principal. Who knew vampires were among us all this time? To get a better understanding on my new life, I grabbed a book on all about vampires. Though it wasn't helping me.

Sappy vampire romance was all I was getting.

I rested my chin on my hand when a shadow loomed over me.

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

I slowly looked up only to hold back my heart from leaping in joy. Her piercing blue eyes glowed and a beautiful smile crossed her pink lips. I dropped my book and couldn't stop gawking at her.

"K-Kendra..." I smiled ear to ear.

"Um well if you say so." She smiled back and sat next to me.

My eyes wondered everywhere in search of Cody but he was nowhere in sight. I actually had Kendra all to myself.

"So what brings you to me?" I gave her a smug smile.

"I just thought you needed company."

"No Cody?"

"Um no." She scrunched her brows together.

"I'm glad not." I was feeling greedy all of a sudden. I just didn't want to compete with Cody after all. This was actually the closest I ever gotten to her. Without thinking twice I rested my hand on top of hers. She flinched a little but let my hand rest on hers. We both looked up and smiled at each other.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Great." I replied honestly. I was in cloud nine just sitting next to her.

"Well I got to go." She slowly took her hand away from mine.

"So soon? To where?" My heart dropped. "Cody? Kendra why him?" I knew I was being selfish but I couldn't stand just watching her go to the arms of someone else. Especially from someone who was way better than me. All of my life I've been treated like worthless shit and Kendra was the first to actually not judge me. I pleaded with my eyes but she gave me a nervous glance and hurried off.

"See you soon Ryan." She called back, grabbed a random book from a shelf, and disappeared out from the doors of the library.

She knew my name...

I jumped up from my seat and started to jump up and down, dancing to myself.

"Ha! She remembers my name!" I yelled from the top of my lungs in joy. "She freaking knows it!"

"SHHHH!"

I froze as everyone's eyes were on me and a very angry librarian pointed me the exit door.

"Sorry." I whispered.

*****

Prom is just two nights away and the least I could do is look good for that night. Not that I'm not good looking already. Now more than ever I was ready to impress Kendra with all my charm. And now that I was closer to her...this will just be easy peasy lemon squeezy. After school, I got inside my parent's room and started to search in my father's closet. There just had to be something extravagant in his closet. I search in through all of his suits until my eyes caught in something way over in the back. A nice black suit hung displaying all of its sleekness.

"I'm just going to borrow this and... Oof!"

Just when I turned around I bumped into something.

Actually someone.