Illumi x Reader | Run

Illumi requested by Fira-chan

|::|

Assassin

What did that word mean?

Someone who killed for a living?

Someone who killed for a purpose?

Someone who killed, for the sake of killing?

No, if they killed for the sake of killing. They weren't fit to be called assassins.

There was another term for them; murders. Cold blooded, vile, monstrous.

And it was your job to rid the world of those demons.

The "janitor" they called you. One who rids filth. And you were fine with it, if you just lived your life in the shadows, never to see the sun. Always emerging at night, alone.

But that night, you wanted to something different. Instead of killing, you wanted to observe your target.

So, sitting there, nursing a drink between your hands, you watched.

You watched as your target talked , smiled , flirted . You watch with unblinking eyes as he lived. And then it hit you , that you were denied all those opportunities, because the Agency had found you when you were an infant.

They had trained you from birth. But, you failed to meet their standards. Emotionally, you were a wild card. Uncontrollable, unable to be contained, to be tamed. They despised you, because after all these years...

You were still human ; you still felt, your heart pumped out bright red blood. Empathy existed within your heart, however muted.

That's why you were stuck with janitor duties, to rid the filth that the top - assassins would never touch. Because killing those that were not of value , lessened their own value. And in this world run by money, that was what was the most important, wasn't it?

You blinked, and almost missed him.

A white haired boy, around eight years old. You blinked again, and the boy was already upon your target.

No! A part of you - the human part - had melted for your target , had thought his life worth something. Because although he had killed many , it was in a war , he had ran in the end , to save his own life.

Those that died, had died for his sake. His life was worth something, it was worth all those who had fallen for him. And this little boy , was not about to end it. It doesn't matter what the Agency deemed to be trash.

You would not let this man die.

So, you disobeyed. You disobeyed and you intervened.

A clash , metal against - claws? You peered into this young boy's cold blue eyes, and an icy chill ran down your back. Then, he was gone and behind you in an instant. The sweat on your face froze as you too froze in fear.

So fast!

You blinked, suddenly overwhelmed with fear.

Was he ... Your eyes widened. That white hair, the physical transformation. The skill. Hyperventilating, you started to edge out of the bar. But it was too late, the Zoldyck heir had his eyes on you.

He growled, and you gulped as you felt another presence behind your back.

Slowly, so very slowly, you turned around. There stood a man with long, silky black hair. His eyes emotionless as he judged you from where he stood, blocking the door; your only exit.