Shalnark x Reader - Toy

[Vanilla] Requested By SkywardSerenade

drip... drip... drip...  You stare at the rain that's falling slowly over the fields. Someone taps you on the shoulder, bringing you back to reality. 

"It's time to lower the casket." They murmur, and you could only nod, not trusting yourself to speak. It's been exactly two weeks. Two weeks from the horrible incident that turned your world upside down.

"Ma'am..." The pastor says as you walk stiffly past him. "I'm so sorry for your loss. Your late husband was- " He stops and sighs.  "He's at peace now."

"T-thank you." You choke, and the tears begin to fall, merging with the rain that's cascading down your face. The pastor nods, and begins his rites. 

You stare at the face that was so full of life only a few weeks before, and you wonder when it all went wrong. Was it when your husband went off to hunt the Phantom Troupe, or when he returned with a needle in the back of his head, and was killed by the mafia?

Either way, he was gone now, leaving you a young widow. You had only been married for a couple of months, and were only getting used to the married life. You scan the crowd of sympathetic faces, and something in you just breaks down at the absolute futility of everything.

After all, there was nothing, absolutely nothing that you, a common citizen, could do against the mafia. Then, you turn your head and you see him. Hidden among the crowd of mourners, the blonde man wore an angry gaze on his otherwise handsome face.

Why's he upset? You wonder, which temporarily distracts you from your pain. His eyes flicker, and meet yours. You blink as another tear slips out of your eyes. He nods at you, then slips out of the crowd. 

As you wonder who he was and how he knew your late husband, the pastor became silent and stares intently behind you. 

A voice shouts out.

"DUCK!"

A split second later, a flash of light blinds your eyes as the casket explodes. Men and women dressed as different factions of the mafia surround the funeral, and you're suddenly yanked away from the chaos.

As machine guns blaze fire into the crowd, the screams of fear are soon replaced by screams of death. Wails erupted from the crowd as one by one, everyone gathered for the sake of your late husband dies in the rapid bullet rain. 

"It's not safe here." The person who pulled you aside whispers quietly. 

"Who are you? Why- How?"

"There's no time to explain. I have to wipe them out. For now, let's get somewhere safe."

He leads you by the arm and the two of you skirt the grounds, escaping the detection of the mafia. Once you arrive inside an abandoned warehouse, he releases you. Upon closer inspection, you realize that his  eyes were not blue as you originally thought, but instead a vibrant green that even now were burning with rage.

"How dare they... How dare they." He mutters to himself. "He was my favorite, and they broke him. The broke my favorite toy!"

"What are you talking about?" You screech out, exasperated. Not only was your husband dead, now all your friends and family who attended the funeral.... You cut off your train of thought, afraid to finish the sentence. "How do you know my hus- late husband?"

"You mean, the one the funeral was for?" You nod.

"We... worked together. I was his boss."

"What was that about a toy?" You ask, shoving your turbulent emotions  aside to focus on the conversation at hand.

"Oh.Uh. Nothing much." He quickly nods to himself, composing his thoughts.

"Well. I should be off now. I have some gangs to destroy."

"Wait!" You call out. He stops, and looks back. "Let me help."

"You? What can you do?" He asks - not in a condescending way, but more as if... concerned.

"Anything. Everything. Please, I want to do something... I have to." You plead. Finally, he shakes his head.

"I have to inform you, this is a suicide mission."

"I'll go." 

He frowns. "No, I'm not letting you go." 

"Why's that?" You raise your voice slightly, panic setting in as you finally realize that life without your friends and family is... pointless. Utterly, entirely, pointless.

"I - You. You just can't. OK?" 

"LET. ME. GO." You growl, and snatch his bag. You quickly flip through it to find some explosives, and with those in hand, you ran towards where the mafia still were. The cemetery.

"No! Wait! Come back!" Shalnark yells as he chases after you.

You couldn't hear him. You refuse to. The mafia sees you approaching, and they laugh. They put their guns back into their holders and they laugh. 

With tears spilling down your eyes, you ram into their leader - who looks very shocked as you pull out the detonator.

"I'll see you in hell." You snarl, and your thumb crashes down on the big red blinking button. 

~

An explosion bigger than the one previously occurs, and it rains down blood and gore. Shalnark stands at the edge of the cemetery, a small frown on his face.

"Aw. I liked her. She would've made a nice toy."

He sighs. 

"Oh well."

He leaves. 

~

A/N: Lelelelel.

I can't i'm sorry xD