Gon x Reader - Notice me Senpai

A/N: Crazy theory - What if Gon's Mother ditched Ging for Hisoka, and that's why Hisoka is so interested in Gon instead of Killua? He just wants his step-son to accept his relationship?!

[Vanilla Story] - Requested By: SkywardSerenade

Being a kid on Whale Island wasn't easy - and it certainly wasn't fun. You knew this, and you also knew how lonely it would get if your best friend - Gon Freecss - left you to take his Hunters Exam. 

What's a girl to do? The only two options you could think of was to either stop him, or join him. 

You wandered into the forests from where you had vision of Gon sitting still; waiting for the Lord of the Lake to take his bait.

Should you try and throw a pebble? You searched behind you and found a decent sized rock - a splash will definitely draw Gon's attention. But, who were you to deny him a future?

You tossed the rock up, and caught it on the way down. Debating your choices, you decided that the best option was to follow him after he catches the Lord. 

You returned home, where you were going to ask your parents for permission to leave. 

"No way! You're too young!" Was your mother's reply.

"Go ask your mom." Your father said. 

You sighed, and returned to where you were watching Gon earlier. It wasn't that you two weren't close - being the only kids on Whale Island of the same age basically guaranteed either friendship or a heated rivalry - but you felt as if Gon never took much notice of you - that you were just an ornament. 

The forest was still, not a sound to be heard. 

Then, a scream of victory. You looked up to see Gon pulling up his fishing rod, with the Lord attached firmly. He ran back to his aunt - and you quickly went back to your room to pack. 

~Packiiiing~

After you gathered the essentials, you intercepted Gon as he ran towards the docks.

"Oh!" Gon said breathlessly, and greeted you happily.

"Why are you headed towards the docks, Gon?" You asked timidly. You really wanted him to tell you that leaving was just a joke, and that you two would go back to playing like always.

He smiled at you. "I already told you, (First Name)-chii. I'm  leaving to take the Hunters Exams."

You pursed your lips. "So, you're leaving me?"

Gon stumbled for words. "I-It's not like I'm not coming back!"

Tears threatened to spill. You were hurt - he was really going. Leaving you behind like you meant nothing. "I thought we were friends..." You whimpered.

"(First Name)-chii, we are friends! I'll send letters to you and everything, you won't even notice I'm gone~" Gon grinned, but then he realized how stupid that sounded.

"I'm sorry. I just... I really have to do this." He said sadly. 

"Why? To look for a father that abandoned you?" You hissed cruelly. 

Gon looked shocked - like you had slapped him. It was a low blow, but you were desperate. You just wanted him to stay with you - you wanted everything to be like they were. 

But nothing will ever be the same again... 

"Why? Why are you so upset that I'm leaving?!" Gon said, hurt evident in his voice. 

"I..." Lost for words, you couldn't stop the tears streaming down your eyes. You sniffled, and then turned to run away. 

"Wait! (First Name)! I didn't want to make you... cry..." Gon faltered. The horn on the ship just blew - signaling for him to get on and leave. He sighed.

~Back to you~

"That stupid Gon! How could he leave me! Stupid, stupid..." You muttered as you hurled pebbles into the lake. Then, you raised your head and laughed.

"I'm the stupid one... After all... I couldn't even tell him... That I like him."

"Ah. (First Name)-chii! There you are!" You whip your head around. Standing behind you, was a haggard and worn Gon - had he been looking for you this entire time?

"I-I thought you were leaving." You said weakly, as he approached you with a grin.

"What? Oh. I am." He said, still smiling.

You bristled angrily. "So? Why are you still here?"

"I forgot something." He walked closer, and enveloped you in a warm hug. "I forgot you."

Your heart stuttered - and then raced as your face caught on fire. 

"W-what do you mean by that?!"

"Come with me, (First Name)-chii. After all..." 

He leaned over to whisper in your ears. 

"I like you too."

~

Lel. 

I apologize for the crappy title.

Oh whale. 

Hope you liked it!

Request with comments~!