Killua x Reader | A Typical Day...

|Vanilla|Requested by Evilpandaninja | Continuation of Fanatic

You glance over and hide as your face bursts into a flurry of small smiles. Ever since the biggest loser in your favorite anime printed you off like you were an image and your favorite character - who was also this loser's brother - saved you from years of therapy, you've been happily living in a small apartment that Killua rented out for you.

You've decided that today was the day - today, you would finally say it. The 'L' word. You had finally mustered up the courage to tell Killua the feelings you've had for him.

Killua approaches your door and gives a knock. You wait a moment from behind the door, then open it - trying your best to seem as if you weren't waiting for him this entire time.

"Killua!" You shout, "I lo-" your eyes go wide as you realize that he was not alone. Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio are also with him.

Killua tilts his head, and you blurt out.

"I lost my shoes!"

He glances down at your feet then back up with a quizzical expression on his adorable face.

"I mean - My other pair. You know, the purple one with the bedazzled heel and rhinestones in the front? It had this cute little gold strap with a bow -" He cuts off your ramblings about the fake shoe with a smile.

"We're heading to the mall anyways, I came by to see if you needed anything. I'll get you a pair of purple shoes."

Your face fell - he wasn't going to take you? "Can I come?" You ask hopefully.

Killua shifts his eyes nervously.

"Well, uhm, it's really kind of a guy's night's out... Sorry~!"

"Ah. It's alright..." You said sadly, and let the door slowly swing shut as he walks off with the rest of the group.

Why couldn't he just send a text then? You wondered for a moment, before getting an amazing idea; following him to the mall and surprising him with a huge romantic gesture!

You quickly pull your hair up into a pony tail and dash off. Following them wasn't much of a struggle - they walked at a leisurely pace; it was the hiding that proved to be difficult.

Every so often, Leorio turns around and sighs a little, forcing you into various uncomfortable positions - against a lamp post, behind a trash can, in front of a mosaic.

This isn't stalking... You remind yourself as Killua glances back and nearly catches you following them. I'm just, following my boyfriend - nothing wrong with that.

They enter the mall and you rush to enter alongside another couple - hiding between them so that the door bell wouldn't detect you and ring.

Suddenly, the group split up - Gon and Leorio went off to the west while Killua and Kurapika walk towards the east; It seems that Gon is hungry.

You duck your head as Killua and Kurapika pass by, and your ears perk up as you hear them mutter your name. Then, your eyes narrow as another name came out of Killua's lips.

Lily - who the hell was that? Was Killua cheating on you?

You follow him and Kurapika with a greater intensity; is Killua going to meet this Lily right now? With Kurapika too?

You feel foolish, Kurapika and Killua would never have a love triangle over a girl - would they? Then, they split once more.

As Killua walks towards a gaggle of girls, your blood pressure shot up. What does he think he's doing?

He swerves to the left and narrowly misses the seductive dolphin giggle of one of the girls. You sigh, and follow him into yet another store where he browses for a minute and veers out again.

Exhausted, you sit down by a nearby fountain to catch your breath. You spy Killua going towards a certain store, but then you blink again, and he was gone.

Uh-oh. You should have known this would happen; keeping track of an assassin sure was hard work. You get a bagel and sit in the food court, knowing that Killua would get hungry sooner or later. You'd just have to be patient and wait him out.

|::|

Hours, it's been hours and Killua has yet to show up in the food court; did he leave the mall already? You shoot him a quick text asking where he was, but only received a winky face in reply.

Confused, you stumble to your feet and try to rub life back into your legs. You decide to head home, not feeling so great about telling Killua you loved him.

On the way back, you felt as if there was someone following you. You keep turning around to check, but every time the mysterious person seemed to vanish into thin air.

Finally, you gave in to the paranoia and zip into a dark alley; as you peek out around the corner, you hear someone whisper your name behind you.

You let out a shriek and turn around, karate-chopping the offender. Killua grinned and caught your hand mid-chop.

"It's not nice to be followed, is it?" He asked with a smile that did not match his words.

Your face heats up "H-how..."

"I'm a professional..." Killua mutters, shaking his head."Besides, your attempt to become a plant was really bad." He smirks, then pulls you down.

"What's going on?" You whisper frantically, only to have Killua put a finger on your lips, silencing you.

"It's nothing, probably. I just wanted to tell you something, before it's too late."

You stare at him, confused; now you were the one that was on the defensive. "Too late? What do you mean?"

"Before they get to me... I need to tell you that-"

"What? Who's after you?"

Killua sighs.

"Please don't be mad." He hands you a pair of glittering violet heels with cute bows on the strap.

"It's beautiful, Killua. W-why would I be mad?"

Then, you hear the sirens. You narrow your eyes.

"Killua... what did you do?"

A pair of gloves reached out and grabbed Killua; as the cops haul him to the car, he yells out.

"I LOVE YOU! PLEASE WAIT FOR ME!"

The cops, startled, suddenly turn their firearms to face Killua.

"Cease!"

Their leader approaches Killua.

"You forgot this." He drops a receipt at Killua's foot. Then, he nods to the rest of his squadron and drives off.

Killua stares back at you, his face reflects your confusion perfectly.

Slowly, he opens the receipt to see written on the back;

Mother took care of it.

-Illumi

He blinks, and stumbles back onto his feet. His turns his tomato of a face away from you as he holds out a hand.

"Let's never speak of this again."

"Agreed."

|::|

But, of course, you brought it up for your wedding toast because it was hilarious.

|::|

A/N:

Sorta mother's day special...? 

=w=