Killua x Reader x Kurapika - The Transfer

[AU with Hunter High - Sequel to Lies] Requested by keallua_07

You were glancing out the window on a whim, and  it was just for a brief moment, but you saw him. His bright blonde hair had shivered in the wake of the chill autumn breeze, and the way he moved, the way he talked; it was all very surreal. You felt as if you had seen the boy somewhere before; but where? Another life, perhaps?

You turned your attention back to the teacher for a moment as she asked you a question, but when you glanced out the window again, the blonde boy was gone, and only an empty field is reflected in your eyes. The bell rung, yet you're still staring at the spot where the blonde was earlier.

Dazed, you didn't even realize as someone put their hand over your eyes and whispered in your ears.

"Guess who?"

"Who?" You replied on automatic. You heard a male voice give a little whine as they murmured your name sadly.

"We've been dating for a month now, and you still ask that?" Killua placed an elaborately decorated box in front of you. "Happy one month, (First Name) -chii~" He smiled at you.

Guilt wrenched at your chest as his smiling face flickered briefly, showing another's. Still, you managed a giggle, and busied yourself unwrapping the present. Inside was a delicate bracelet embedded with diamonds. You looked at Killua wearily.

"How many times have I told you, I don't need these kinds of things?"

He grinned as he grabbed your bag and held out a hand for you. "But, how else should I spend my fortune if not to pamper my girlfriend like the princess she is?"

You shake your head with a laugh and offer him your wrist. The bracelet slipped on; a perfect fit. It was then that Leorio burst into the room. 

"Guys!" Your best friend calls out, forehead drenched in sweat; had he been running this whole time?

"I -" huff "I was running on the tracks, and then this... glorious beauty stopped and asked me where the principal's office is!"

Murmuring started up in the classroom. Rumors of this new transfer student started to spread faster than wildfire. 

I bet she's hot.

But... It's Leorio....

What if it's a guy? Ha...

"Class... Settle down." Your teacher grumbles as she returns from her brief lunch break. Outside the classroom door, a figure could be seen. Your class went deathly quiet. The footsteps of the figure echoed loudly against the marble floors.

"We have a new student." You vaguely heard your teacher say, as a buzzing sound started to ring in your ears. Suddenly, the blonde from earlier steps into the room. You heard a collective gasp throughout the classroom, mixed in with sighs of disappointment. 

"Hello. My name is Kurapika Kurta. I've recently moved here, I hope we get along." Kurapika said politely. He gave a small bow before the teacher pointed him to a seat just slightly behind you. 

As he approached, you could hear the thudding of your heart grow louder, and louder with every step that he took. He kept his eyes straight ahead while you nervously ducked your head down, trying to look at anything but him. You were sure that you had seen him before. The buzzing intensified.

Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. You looked up, and to your surprise, Kurapika had paused beside your table and was staring intently at you. Your eyes met, and now the entire class was staring. The tension in the room spiked suddenly as Killua noticed the commotion and narrowed his eyes dangerously. 

Then, as suddenly as the moment started, Kurapika looked away and you stared back at your feet, your heart still thundering furiously. 

Get a grip! You mentally scolded yourself. You have a boyfriend!!

|::|

Shortly after school, Killua cornered you at your locker. You were just about to reach for your math textbook when a shadow fell over you and lowered the book into your hands.

"Ah! Killua-kun! T-thank you." You mumbled, and quickly stashed the textbook into your bag; you zipped it shut and noticed that his eyes were heavy.

"Is something wrong?" You asked him cautiously.

He stared at you for the longest time, not saying a single word. Then, he broke into a grin and ruffled your hair. "Nothing~ Want to go on a date?" 

"Ah." You smiled nervously. "I actually need to study for this math test... so, maybe tomorrow?"

He nodded and kept his smile plastered onto his face. "Alright then, bye~" He called out as he ran off. Strange.  You thought to yourself Isn't his locker the other way?

|::|

You had barely stepped out of the school gates when you were once again ambushed. This time, by Kurapika.

"A-ah!" You yelled as he popped up behind you.

"S-sorry!" He smiled nervously, and picked up the books that you had dropped when you saw him. "I didn't mean to scare you. I, uhm. I just wanted to ask you something."

You quickly take the books from his hands, and flinch when your fingers touch. You ducked your head and looked around to make sure that no one else was around. 

"I'm terribly sorry for the intrusion, it's just. I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." Kurapika said with a wry grin. "Isn't that strange?" 

You managed a laugh. "Well, uhm, I've just got one of those faces, you know?"

He narrowed his eyes, as if deep in thought. He looked up and stared intensely at you. "No, it's more that. It's almost if... We've met in a past life." Suddenly, the serious aura around him faded as he broke out into a grin and tilted his head to the side.

"But, that'd be ridiculous, right?"

You smiled and nodded; agreeing. However, you couldn't shake the feeling at the pit of your stomach that this new kid was so very right

|::|

You arrived home, and found a strange envelop with nothing but your name written on it on your bed. You narrowed your eyes at the open window, and crossed the room to close it. Afterwards, you set your bag down and opened the envelop, revealing a strange letter. 

"If you're reading this...

Please.

Remember."

Then, as if a foggy mist had lifted in your mid, you did remember. Everything. 

*Ding~ You have mail!*

Your phone chimed, and you glanced over to see that Kurapika had texted you, asking if you were free tomorrow after school. 

You ignored his text, and sat numbly on the edge of your bed. Ignoring the piled up homework, you laid down on your bed and stared at your ceiling, not quite sure what to make of the situation. 

On one hand, there was Killua; beautiful, rich, cute, and willing to do anything for you.

The other, Kurapika; handsome, forgiving, and... you already have so much history with him...

The choice kept plaguing your dreams that night, as you tossed and turned in your fruitless sleep. 

But, as always, the wheel of fate spun, the dice  was thrown, and your choice made.

|::|

In the morning, you woke bright and early. After all, today was the day you'd be meeting him.

~

I kept the ending ambiguous. so.

yey