Illumi x Reader | Promise

Someone hasn't updated in forever you say? 

*shifty eyes*

I have no idea who you could possibly be talking about

-

Illumi requested by IllumiZoldyc

-

A distant plane - an abandoned house on a hill. A name is soundlessly breathed out, the syllables as natural to you as breathing.

"Illumi..."

How long has it been, since he was with you? How long, since his promise that he'd return?

You would never forget, that stoic expression on his face as he had gazed towards a blazing sunset. He had promised the world to you, and even without using a single smile, he had captured your heart. It was his silence that you fell for, the unspoken words.

The silent agreement between two souls - to be eternal; yet - he had left, hadn't he? A small fire of rage filled you, as you once more look out. The sun again blazed with a radiant shine as it slowly climbed down the hill.

Everyday, you stood in that house, where the two of you had shared a brief flicker of love. The memories were forever tainted on your soul. Try as you might, he would not leave your mind, even when he left your life.

That's because, he had promised. To return, with the power and glory of an emperor. A sweeping gesture of jewels and gold, the majesty and grandeur to shake the world.

He had thought that that's what you wanted, the companion of a divinity. So he had left, to fight for a inheritance that would be denied to him, no matter how hard he worked. Illumi Zoldyck - as if he wasn't already rich and powerful enough just as he is.

Still, he didn't give you the chance to tell him your thoughts, so the only thing you can do is wait. To wait for the return of a hero, for him to reclaim his lost throne in your heart.

Dusk, that same house. A dim fire blazed - the faint glow of embers the only source of light. A desolate wind blew by, and you couldn't help but remember.

The breeze that blew the two of you together - quite literally. You were on your way to try your luck across the seas, but the storm hurtled you into an uncertain future. After several misunderstandings and such, you were left penniless and lost.

Still, he had seen you, and taken pity. The days turned to months, and an affection of a sort had bloomed.

That's when he had built this house. Just for the two of you, a private utopia.

But peace didn't last - nothing ever does. A call to arms, a mission, a summon from his father. Interruptions had happened one after another, and Illumi was forced to leave your side.

One day, he had decided that enough was enough. That instead of being pulled like a puppet, he would take fate into his own hands and be in charge of his life. All for the sake of spending more time with you, he had left into the dark shadows of the night with but the whisper of a promise.

Countless years flew by, the moon waned and waxed, and the earth spun about the sun. A decade passed, and not a single letter. Even so, with the world against you, hope prevailed and you refused to give up.

Everyday, there you were. Standing, waiting, hoping.

Yet, every night, the result never changed - you'd return to the nearby town with only a single thought.

"Tomorrow then, he'll be back for me tomorrow.

He'll come, definitely - atop a chariot of the finest gold, with the treasures of the world beneath his feet as he comes to marry me.

He promised."

|::|

A/N: eyyyy that was the shortest and shity-est thing I've ever written and I'm so sorry!

I'm just gonna.

leave cuz.

oops c:

taking requests on characters and scenarios and im gonna try my best to get to them since I have time to write shit now *^*

okay bai <3