Killua X Reader - Hunt for Presents!

[AU where Hunters Exam = Hunter High] - Requested By JoelleAu

You awake, hearing the sound of someone giggling madly. You fumble around your bed for the trusty dagger you always carry around, and emerge into your living room to find your boyfriend Killua laughing manically. 

You groan as you drop the weapon. You grab a pillow off the nearby couch and proceed to whack him over the head with it. 

"What's so funny? It's 3 am! I thought there was a burglar or something!"

Killua smiles and looks sheepishly up at you.

"I'm sorry (First Name)- chan. It's just... You know the thing, right?"

"The thing?" You raise your eyebrows, feeling a headache coming on.

"Yeah, yeah. The thing. So, it's going on sale!" Killua's eyes widen as stars start shimmering within.

"...." You let out a deep sigh. 

"You're talking about those chocolates again, aren't you."

He nods happily, and you think to yourself that he's such a kid. Still, he's such a cutie you couldn't help but squish his cheeks happily. 

"Ne, ne. (First Name)-chan. You'll get them for me, right?" Killua asks, his excitement almost uncontrollable. 

"Sure... Just let me get some sleep." You yawn and leave him sitting in front of his laptop, grinning widely to himself.

~The next morning~

Yawning, you find that Killua had already left. You wonder where he might've gone - it was a Saturday morning... Did he get a job request?

You stumble into the kitchen - bleary-eyed - and pour yourself a cup of coffee. Looking over at the kitchen counter, you see a note.

Sorry I'm not here!

Off to see Gon-chan!  ≧▽≦

I made chu pan-cakes~!

You sigh - and notice the half-burnt stack of what could miraculously pass as pancakes on the stove. They are still warm - so you figure that Killua didn't leave too long ago. 

You try his cell - but he didn't answer. You frown. He always answers on the first ring - was Hisoka harassing Gon again?

Deciding that you need some edible food, you put on a light jacket and jog to the cafe downstairs. 

~Fooooood~

While munching on your favorite delicacy, your mind goes back to last night - You knew Killua was a strange one when you met him all those years ago, but you didn't think that he'd keep his childish demur for this long. 

It's been about 4 years since you met him at Hunter High, and the two of you had somehow always ended up in the same class. 

Sooner or later, he fell in love with you and asked you out. Of course, you rejected him the first time - you had been in too many relationships where the guy flaked out, and Killua's child-ish behavior didn't help his case one bit.

But, after another ten confessions, each more elaborate than the next, you finally caved and agreed to go out with him. That's when you found out what his family did for a living, and you finally saw the other side of Killua - the dark side that makes your heart skip a beat just thinking about it.

After finishing your breakfast, you wander back into the apartment, only to find it still empty. 

Hmm... What to do?  You pondered this for a while, until your eyes came upon the calendar date - December 24th... Christmas Eve!

You gave a little yelp - how had you forgotten the date? You rush to gather your purse and to get out the door and head to the mall.

Didn't Killua say he wanted those Chocolate balls? Speeding into the chocolate store which you two frequent, you discover that the entire store was bought out.

"Sorry Miss, a guy came by this morning and bought everything."

You thank the cashier, and quickly searched up any other nearby chocolate stores - They too, were all sold out.

Panic set on, and you walk furiously into the toy-store. Killua had a thing for stuffed toys, right?

It didn't matter if he did or didn't - the entire store was cleaned out.

Who's doing this?! You think angrily as you catch your breath. I swear if I find them I'm going to beat them up.

It's then that you receive a text from Killua.

"Hey, you coming home soon? It's Christmas Eve~ ≧▽≦"

"I know, I'm on my way" You reply.

You sigh sadly, and decided you would buy Killua his gift tomorrow... He'd understand, wouldn't he?

On your way home, you pass by a flower shop, and strangely, it was entirely empty too. 

~*~*~

"I'm home!" You call out to a dark room. Strange - wouldn't Killua be home already?

A light flashes on, and you blink - Killua was standing in the middle of the living room, surrounded by your favorite flowers, stuffed toys... and Choco-balls. 

You're speechless. What?!

"Merry Christmas, (First Name)-chan."

"I-I was going to get you a gift..." You stutter, but Killua's kiss cuts you off.

He smiles at you, and somehow, in that instant he was no longer the little kid that you found adorable - but some one you could rely on, depend on... for the rest of your life.

He smiles at you. 

"Being with you is the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for."

~

A/N: I'm sorry it's so cliche. 

Whelp.

Request with comments~!