Chapter 10: Fake

Chapter 10: Fake

I got a firm chewing out from Amber the next morning about not responding to her texts. But I barely listened and agreed to go at lunch instead, and if we didn’t find anything then we would go after school.

I was relieved when the bell rang for school to start. I was on the verge of exploding after Amber’s constant rambling. I walked into class sitting down ignoring everything. I felt un whole, I felt wrong.

Sighing I just pushed those thoughts away just for other complications to take up my time. The day just ambled by the entire time I felt as if I was in a fog. I avoided both James and Cameron.

I couldn’t bear to see James in fear of losing it, and I just didn’t want to see Cameron. I knew he would be mad and I didn’t want to be in the path of his rage. He really confused me sometimes with his erratic behavior.

When lunch rolled around I was Amber’s. She nearly tore me from the school and to her car. The car ride was quite as we headed to the mall.

Once we got there Amber was just a chatty cathy. So I just ignored her ignescent babble. She pulled me into store after store, we tried dress after dress. It wasn’t until the tenth store she found something that satisfied her for me.

It was a tight bronze metallic dress. Rouching up the side making the dress cling in too many places, it also had snake skin in the middle. She said I would need to wear a push up bra to make my boobs look good, but personally I saw nothing wrong with them now. But right now her word was final.

I purchased the dress along with some towering heels, and after that it was store after store, dress after dress. It wasn’t until twenty stores later that she decided she could just wear something she had at home. By that time it was one thirty and my stomach was about to eat itself.

We rode back to school still no food. So once we got back I made a mad dash for the vending machines. I ended up with water and some snackwells cookies. It settled some of my hunger but not much.

The halls were empty as I headed to my sixth period class. Only my footsteps echoed into the halls. It wasn’t until I topped the third floor stairs that I encountered someone. A person I really didn’t want to see, James.

We just stared at each other for a moment before he tore his gaze away. He looked as good as ever the purple was starting to fade from his hair, he kept his face low shielding his eyes from mine.

As he passed me starting down the stairs I instinctively reached for his arm just brushing the exposed skin of his upper arm. James froze halfway down the step. I let my hand linger there for a minute before I pulled it away.

I had made my decision and I had to stick with it, I couldn’t have the best of both worlds. Once I moved my hand James started back down the stairs as if nothing had happened, as if I wasn’t even there.

But I guess to him I wasn’t anything but a traitor, he put himself out there for me and I had rejected him when he had showed me affection. I felt like I had betrayed myself, left myself in a bad place. I place I shouldn’t be.

I sighed, life wasn’t easy, no one ever said it was. I just wrapped my arms around myself and continued on trying to act if nothing had ever happened. Not just that exchanged in the hallway, but the carnival, the library both times. But it was harder said than done.

 Sorry it is so short but it really is just a filler chapter, but you will like the next chapter its the turning point, i have it all written but you need to wait a little bit before i can upload a day or so. 

                                 Until then Darkphoenix