flash backs part 2

Akane aged 4

"grrrr!!"

The sound of an animalistic growl woke me up from my (more or less) peaceful sleep.

My eyes darted round trying to find the source of the sound. But I didnt have to look long as a grey wolf prowled my way.

My heart sank like a sinking ship. And my eyes watered, wavering my sight.

Is this how im going to die? Am I finally going to rest?

Strangely enough I smiled calmly awaiting my dreaded fate. Most definitely a gruesome and painful death.

As the wolf prowled and growled, I slowly closed my eyes letting my tears slip away.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

CRUNCH

A deafening crunch protuded my ears, making me wince imagining it was my bone.

Hold on 'imagining'? I'm not supposed to imagine, I'm supposed to feel the excruciating pain flooding through my body..... Aren't I ?

Too scared to open my eyes, I shut them even tighter making me have a pounding headache for unknow reasons.

" hey kid? Your safe." a calm yet deep voice found its way to me through the dark vision.

" why'd you kill it?" I asked after opening my eyes instantly looking at a lifeless wolf.

" because it felt right." he answered scrunching up his eyebrow, as if it was a hard question.

Nodding my head to his answer, I asked " what's your name?"

He stayed silent for a moment. Probably contemplating whether to lie or tell the truth.

" name's ritchard or if you like Ritcher."

" no last name?"

"i do but you asked for my name so there you go." he said trying to distract me. I could see it in his eyes. He'd rather keep to himself..... So I let him.

Soon after me and ritcher started to talk. Then eventually we called each other friends in such short amount of time.

I promised him that i'll be back tomorrow and that he should meet me here, in the woods, in the afternoon.

days turned to weeks soon months. We kept the same routine.

Sometimes we'd even play games to pass time.

But then on the 14th February..... Something.... Happened..... Something changed in my secretive friend.

He no longer had that comforting, homey feeling around him. But instead was replaced with a dark, eerie feeling.... Something even worst than the loneliness that was eating me alive.

I dont know what happened to him that day. But I felt that maybe he was forced. Forced to become this... Dangerous person that even had me cautious.