part 27

"What do you mean you broke it?! It doesn't work anymore?" Ashton asked, tugging at his hair nervously, "My sister is out there and could be getting killed! We have to do something!"

Everyone stood in fear and in shock at the bad news Michael had just brought them. They wanted to get out and didn't want to all gang up on Michael, but they were all extremely pissed at him but he was already a wreck and making him feel worse would do no good for anyone, so they all just stayed quiet and didn't say anything. They stood there waiting for someone to do something with their eyes containing immense amounts of worry.

"What would you like us to do?" Michael sobbed with tears streaming down his pale cheeks.

"I'll go out there and see if I can clean it up or something! I don't know." Emily suggested and threw her hands in the air as she very quickly walked out of the room.

"God damn it." Calum grumbled under his breath while his big brown eyes glazed over with a layer of tears he was holding back, "What were you thinking?"

"You think I meant to do this? Do you really, truly believe that I wanted the system to crash and for us to all get killed?" Michael snapped back at him.

"Sorry." Calum mumbled after he realized that it was truly a complete accident and Michael felt bad already.

Ashton began to become sad all over again since the thought of his sister being dead as well kept reoccurring in his head. He didn't want to be so depressed at a time like this but there wasn't much else he could do. He wondered if maybe talking to Mr.Matts again could help him feel a bit better. He wandered over to him, trying to contain his emotions and not make them visible.

"Hey. I'm really stressing out over this. Do you think she's okay?" Ashton breathed out with a shaky voice.

"I don't know, but all we can do is hope. I'm hoping she's okay just as much as I'm hoping my girlfriend is okay, still alive, and still in love with me. I really hope your sister makes it, I can tell how much she means to you." The man shrugged, looking away from Ashton.

"What did you say your girlfriend's name was?" Ashton asked him.

"I didn't, but her name is Jessica. Jessica Smith, but I hope to one day make it Jessica Matts, but I know that won't happen, I'm not even alive." He frowned.

Ashton patted his back to show sympathy but didn't say anything because there wasn't much to say, what the man had said was true. He wouldn't get to be with his girlfriend and make her his wife because he's barely even tangible.

Emily was in the other room, banging on the screens repetitively and hoping that they turn back on. She's pressing all sorts of different buttons and clicking tons of different things, but nothing is working.

"Ugh. There has to be a way." She said to herself out loud.

She placed her hands on the underside of her shirt and used the fabric to try to soak up any water left on the system to prevent anymore damage from happening, than what was already done. She fiddled around with different things and searched drawers for some sort of backup device, but found nothing. She became more and more panicked as the time went on without it fixed. She could only imagine what her friends could be going through at that moment. She held down the enter button on the keyboard, in hopes of something but the screen remained black, for a few seconds that is, after Emily stood there for a bit it turned bright white and everything rebooted up and was going as it normally would. A smile beamed across her face as a new ray of hope was shining through.