part 16

Calum had been laying there, listening to screams of what we're probably his friends above him. Although he wasn't too sure, because apparently other people could also be in the house without him even knowing. He eventually fell asleep, but only received a good 15 minutes after the screams and banging noises had ended. He woke up by the very bright lights flashing on and Vera looks over to the rest of her friends.

"You ready?" She asks them, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

They all slowly sit up from their laying position and don't respond with words, but instead just nod assuringly to deliver their answers. They all stand up slowly and begin to run down the long grey underground tunnel-like hallway. The hallway is completely blank and empty, it seems almost never ending. The walls, floor, and ceiling are all the same texture and color.

They're all panting as they run down this incredibly long hallway. Echo and Calum are both limping, but still running with all they have. Calum's foot had been squeezed hard in between those walls and his ankle is causing him a ton of pain. Echo's cut isn't as painful as Calum's ankle, but it still causes an immense amount of pain.

"I, I don't know, how, how, much longer I can run for." Calum gasped out in between large breaths for air. He is lacking a high endurance right now, at the only moment in his life where it would actually be truly needed to survive.

"We have to keep going!" Grace panted out, breathing not quite as hard as Calum.

"How long have we been running for?" Piper shouted.

"Probably like 2 minutes, we still have time before the lights turn off." Emilia announced, continuing to run.

Calum could hear footsteps running behind him. Confused, he counted how many people were in front of him and sure enough, like there should be, there were 5. He shook his head and quickly glanced back and could see a man in all black running toward all of them and chasing them.

"Run. Faster!" He demands and shouts to all of his friends in front of him.

He limps but runs as hard as he can until he completely falls down due to the fact that his ankle can't take much more. It's swollen and completely blue and purple; probably broken. He hits the cold, hard ground and screams out in pain and fear.

"Keep going!" He shouts to his friends, but they turn around and come back for him.

"Calum, get up!" Grace screams at him.

The man catches up the them and tackles Piper to the ground. She lies there in pain from the hard fall, followed by being crushed by a man who is at least 200 pounds. Calum runs like a bull at him to push him off of her but the man turns around and in a few short moves, is holding Calum in a headlock, choking him. Calum's face quickly changes colors to red and then more of a purple as he hasn't had oxygen in awhile. Vera, Grace, Piper, and Emilia all stand there pleading for the man not to kill Calum. Echo stands behind the man, but he's unaware of this. The guy is pointing a gun at the 4 girls which is why none of them have made an attempt to stop him. They all feel so threatened afraid for their lives, which isn't a new feeling.

Calum doesn't have much time before he passes out and dies. Echo goes for it and holds her arms around the man's neck. She wraps her legs around his arms so he can't use his deadly weapon, she's clung and wrapped around him like a koala bear. 
With one last move, Echo pulls the mans neck back as far as she can, and the man loses his grip on Calum's neck while his own was snapped. The man passes out on the floor and he might be dead.

"We have to go." Piper said the obvious, getting up and recovering from when she had previously had her small body squished.

Calum takes a few seconds to regain all the oxygen he just lost before getting up and running again. Just as he stands up, they all hear a voice from down the hallway.

"Aw, fuck." Grace cursed.

"Don't move." A voice shouted down the hallway.

The kids all stand still, unsure of what to do. They decided that staying there would probably be the best decision. The man had on a black mask and outfit, as did all of these evil and sick men that are in this house. He approached them all closer and laughed.

"Do I know you?" Calum asked the man, slightly hazy from the lack of air circulating his body.

The man laughed and didn't respond to him.

"He asked a question." Echo piped in.

"I don't give a shit if he asked a question, no he doesn't know me," The man spatted back, "I see you've killed my friend. You're going to have to be punished for that." The man snickered, stepping close to Echo and placing his hand under her chin.

"He would have killed us if we hadn't." She gritted her teeth.

"Come with me. I want to deal with you myself." The man laughed, walking down the long hallway they had all just been running down. They all followed behind the man, because what other choice did they have? Run and get shot?

They finally reached an end to the miraculously lengthy hallway, which contained a door. The man typed in a 10 digit code into an electronic device that was keeping this metal door sealed shut, and they all stepped inside.

-

AN: this is the last chapter that will include these characters until chapter 23. I might include VERY short snipits of something just to tease, but the next few chapters will be Michael, Luke, and Avery and once we come back to these guys it'll get pretty intense probably 🔥🔥