Chapter 1

The girl in the pic is what Ally looks like

Ally's POV

"Another dreadful day of being me," I thought to myself as my alarm clock beeped continuously beside me. I didn't want to get out of bed, nor did I want to go to school, but I knew that if I didn't I would regret it. I hesitantly rolled out of bed and trudged to my closet, skimming through my clothes impetuously. I decided on a pair of black, baggy sweats with a blue t-shirt and white high tops, deciding on putting my hair in a messy bun.

I didn't care much about what I wore, it didn't matter what I looked like as long as I was comfortable

I didn't care much about what I wore, it didn't matter what I looked like as long as I was comfortable. I made my way into the bathroom and turned on the shower, letting the water warm up for a little before I hopped in. I didn't care how good my grades were, or how much I studied. I hated school, and not because of the teachers, or the horrid school lunches. I hated it because of him. Austin Mahone. For 12 years now, Austin has made my life a living hell. Why? I wasn't sure. Every day was hell, name calling, pushing, shoving. You name it, he's probably done it. And it all got even worse when my mother died giving birth to my little brother, every word stung even more now, and hearing him talk about my mother; as if he knew what was going on in my life, angered me. I thought things couldn't get any worse after my mother's passing, but I soon found out I was wrong when my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. For a while, things stayed the same, he continued working, I went to school, and Ryan went to the babysitters. But things took a turn for the worst when money became tighter, it became harder and harder for my father to get treatment, and take care of Ryan and I. So without a thought my father stopped treatment. Things went downhill fast, my father became more and more ill as the days went by, and not long after my 16th birthday he had to quit his job. Soon after I had to get a job to start supporting Ryan and I. And ever since then, I've been working the same job at Music World. I wouldn't lie, it was hard, going to school every day and working until night time. But I wouldn't have to worry about school much longer, I would be graduating in a few months. After that I would work my job at Music World from 9am to 5pm and take care of my brother and father.

I stepped out of the shower, and shook my thoughts. I dried my hair and threw on my clothes, putting my hair in the messy bun I suggested then I grabbed my backpack and made my way into the living room, where Ryan was busy watching TV.

"Come on Ry, it's time to go," I said. He nodded his head and turned off the TV. I waited patiently as he made his way to the front door and put on his shoes. He looked up at me after a moment, a bright smile worn on his face as he finished putting on his favorite light up shoes.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded his head and opened the front door. Ryan was never much of a talker, even before all of this stuff started happening with my father. But I will admit that things did take a turn for the worst when he found out about it. Ryan doesn't say a single word anymore, he nods and shakes his head and waves. That was the only form of communication I was able to get out of him. I knew that he was probably hurting, I couldn't blame him, if I could get away with not talking I would.

I walked out to my father's old, red truck and helped Ryan into the car. With help, he buckled in. I shut the door and made my way to the driver's side, hopping in and starting the car. We drove in silence to the babysitter's house.

"We're here," I said, as I pulled into the drive way. I unbuckled and waited silently as Ryan unbuckled himself. Soon enough, I heard his seatbelt unlatch and I got out of the car, opening the door for him in the process. I took hold of his hand as we trudged up the steps.

"This is Jessica's new house," I announced. Ryan smiled happily, gazing in awe at the house, Jessica had been telling him for weeks and weeks about what her new house was going to look like. And even though Ryan didn't speak much, I knew he was excited. He let go of my hand and rang the door bell continuous times, bouncing on his tippy toes as he waited impatiently for her to answer the door.

"Ryan! Ally! So nice to see you two, do you like the new place?" she questioned as she opened the door. Ryan nodded his head, grinning from ear to ear.

"I love it Jessica, it's beautiful," I said, eyeing her big, green yard in awe. For a second, I wished that I could own a property like this sometime in the future. I knew it wouldn't be possible though, I was taking care of my father and moving while he was sick didn't sound like such a good idea. I felt selfish for even thinking about it.

Jessica grabbed hold of Ryan's hand and ushered him into the house; "There are some toys in that room," she said, pointing to a room that was out of my view; "You can go play in there while I finish talking to Ally." He nodded his head and removed his shoes, he waved at me before disappearing into the other room.

"So how's your dad? Does he seem to be getting any better?" she asked, a worried expression worn on her face.

I shook my head, my eyes filled with tears, talking about my dad was tough; "No, he actually seemed a little worse last night, but I'm trying to hold onto hope, maybe one day he'll start feeling better, who knows."

"Yeah, you're right, who knows, I'm sorry Ally, I'm sure everything will get better," she replied, pulling me into a right hug. My dad was my everything, losing him would totally ruin me.

"Well, it's almost 7:30, I should probably get going." I said, as she released me from her hug and nodded.

"Alright, well I'll see you at 3:00 then."

I nodded my head and walked off, clearing my mind of our previous conversation, talking about my dad was not how I wanted to start my day.