Chapter 1.

"Maire Iris Stephen, why is the breakfast not ready yet?!" My aunt yells from the living room and I let out shaky breathes as I pace around the kitchen, preparing breakfast in a rush.

"Just five more minutes, Aunt Georgia." I reply her, pouring tea in the cups with my trembling hands.

"Maire did you Iron my clothes?!" I hear my cousin, Amber, yell from upstairs as I curse under my breath and hit my forehead with the palm of hand. How can I forget to iron her clothes? I'm going to get in trouble.

"I'll do it right now, Amber I'm sorry I forgot." I quickly answer her, when I accidentally pour some of the tea on my hand, and place the tea pot on the side, clutching onto my hand in pain and I bite my lip to control the whimper from slipping my mouth.

"What did you do now, Stephen?" I hear my cousin brother's voice from the doorway of the kitchen as he smirks at my hand. I quickly walk over to the sink and wash my hand with the cold water, wincing a bit as I continue to prepare the breakfast for everyone, ignoring the inflimation of my hand.

"Nothing," I mutter, and he steps inside the kitchen, seating himself in front of me on the kitchen counter.

"Did you do your maths homework?" He asks me, and I stop my work to turn around and face him. Is he really concerned about me doing my homework?

"Yes.." I trail off not sure with what he's trying to do.

"Good, I'm taking your homework and submitting it as mine because I don't have time to do that shitty homework." He says, getting up from the counter as I gasp and look at him with wide eyes.

"But thats..thats my homework. I did it by myself, you should also do your work by yourself." I speak up, when he turns his face towards me with a smirk on his face as he walks forward, standing right in front of me.

"Don't argue with me, Stephen." He says with a devilish smirk, before patting my shoulder and leaving the kitchen where as I stand there in shock, watching his figure disappear from the kitchen.

That is my homework. I spent my whole night working on that thing, how can he simply take away my work and take credits for it? Today is the last day to submit the homework and I don't have enough time to do it all over again. He's going to get me in trouble.

"MAIRE!" My aunt yells from the living room, causing me to flinch as I shake my head and lift up the food tray walking outside the kitchen and placing the breakfast on the table in the living room, receiving cursing words and glares from my aunt as I quickly make my way upstairs to Amber's room and walk to her wardrobe taking out her clothes and ironing them as she continues to sing in the shower.

She walks out of the shower with a towel wrapped all over her thin tanned body, as I hand her clothes and begin to walk out of her room when she stops me in my tracks.

"Oh, Maire, do my English homework, yeah?" She says as I quickly turn over to face her and she gives me smirk.

"But I have to do my maths homework as well." I say and her head snaps in my direction with a surprised look on her face.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" She walks towards me and I gulp, regretting my decision to speak up in front of her. She soon stands in front of me and her hand reaches up before clutching on to my hair from behind, and my head falls back in pain.

"Did you just refuse me, bitch?" She grits in my face with a furious expression on her face, making my breathing to race in horror as I squeeze my eyes close.

"I'll do it, I'll do it, please stop it's hurting me." I plead as tears begin to brim in my eyes but I stop them because I don't want to cry. She pushes me back and I stumble, placing my hands on the railing of the staircase outside her room, balancing myself on it as she slams her door on my face, making me flinch.