Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

Asher died.

Which made me wonder, how did Luka get his body? How could he take over a body that should've turned to ash.

"...he should be thanking me. He owes me."

Luka admitted to not owning his own body. How did he save Asher?

"Let's do introductions," Luka said. "That lady over there is Mira, she works with the mermaid leaders. They changed their group over the years. It's not like it used to be, but we can get to that later." He looked at the Guardians surrounding them. "Those are the Guardians and they are working under Mira. They are working together again."

"What the heck," Noah mumbled from beside me.

"Oh, yeah! That boy is a Guardian, but he used to be a Protector. Even I didn't know it was possible for Protectors to change magic, but dark magic can be an interesting thing. You should know that well."

"Yeah," I said, the words coming out of my mouth as Amara spoke. "It's limitless."

"That's why it shouldn't exist," Mira said. "It's the biggest threat." She sighed, "I never thought I would be standing in front of the real Amara. Well, the soul of you. Your real appearance differs from this girl's."

I grabbed my hair and looked at the light golden blonde color. Soft and silky, like how my old hair had been before the change.

"You seem harmless to me," one Guardian said, placing his sword at his side.

"Why? What have you heard?" I asked, trying to see how much they knew of me. None of these faces resembled anyone from when I was taken away. Did they still follow the family line?

"That you're very strong and a huge threat to our kind. Your choices and your powers are something to be feared, but in that form, you look cute." His face shown disbelief and it was funny to me. These people knew what I was capable of and yet, they still didn't believe it.

"Yeah, I'll admit, this wasn't what I had in mind when Luka promised our return. Don't worry, it's only temporary. But this girl is my copy and I can use my powers through her." I brought my hand out in front of me, smiling. The Guardian before me started coughing, choking on the dark magic I was sending to his body. He held on his neck as he fell to his knees.

Before I could kill the Guardian, the mermaid leader, Mira used her magic on me. My magic cut out half way and the Guardian was breathing normally again. I tried to fight against her powers and could feel mine overpowering hers.

"Looks like you aren't the highest member within the group," I heard myself say. "You'll be easy to kill if you choose to get in my way."

"Your magic is returning sooner than I thought," Luka sang. "But you're no match for the both of us. It's best to let us get on our way and I'll let you live." Luka didn't care whether Mira died or not, he was eager for us to move on.

I could feel Amara's impatience running through me and her powers flowing in my body. It was making the flame in my chest rage.

I reacted to it, whether it was really me or not, I couldn't tell, but my hand was over the deformed star on my chest. I dug my hand between the ice and my skin, pulling the ice off. The ice's magic was going crazy, clawing at my insides.

"Was Guardian magic always this...clingy?" I had a difficult time removing it. My eyes landed on the Guardian lying dead on the ground. "This is the Guardian who did this to me. I feel her energy. That means this should lose its grip." I could feel a smile form on my lips as I used all my strength to rip the star off me. It flew off my body and melted in mid-air.