Chapter Fifty-Four

"My final decision has been made. You've been cast out! You have tapped into magic that more than half of us never knew existed!" The Queen spat in my face as she casted me out of my home.

"But, you can't do this! I only tried to prove to you that I can be of use!" I cried, the tears spilling uncontrollably. That was not my intention, but they didn't get it. They never understood. From the day I was born to now. They hated every part of me.

My lips were trembling, I couldn't hold myself in front of all these people. They shook their heads as they watched me. A disappointment to the kingdom for what I had done. These mermaids couldn't wait to rid of me.

"Mom, please," I cried. She stood up from her seat, her white hair flowing all the way down to her waist. My mother stared at me for a moment then sighed. Her white eyes showed how tired she was.

"I'm not your mother," she said, coldly. "Throw her out."

A few Guardians took my arms and another two put their swords together, making a X shape. It opened a ripple and I knew what came next.

"Stop, please! We don't know what's out there! I could die, please, stop!" I pleaded for my mother to let me be. To help me, somehow. I only wanted to be accepted among my kind! She did nothing to guide or prevent the choices in my life. "You wanted this, didn't you?!" I screamed louder, my inner demon taking over. "You waited until I screwed up so you could kick me out!"

They didn't let me continue, the Guardians' pushed me through the ripple.

I felt myself fall and land on something soft.

And I stayed there, hoping this world would kill me.

Amara's memories continued to play in my mind as if they were my own. Her memories were all over the place. I couldn't figure out the order. But being lost in my own body and having to relive her life was tiring out my soul.

Some moments made me tear up inside, but had no affect on my body. I finally knew what was happening and there was no way to reverse it. Not that I knew of anyway.

Luka casted a spell and locked me inside my own body to bring back Amara. But the spell he used didn't sound like actual words, they sounded like complete gibberish from what I remembered. There wasn't a single spell like that within my journal. But after seeing several of Amara's memories, I knew that Luka was her best friend.

Having come to the conclusion that I've been trapped inside my own body, Asher must be dealing with the same situation. Being able to see and hear what was going on in the real world, but having no way of accessing it. I was stuck watching my own body do as it pleased under Amara's control.

I wondered how Asher was holding up. He had Luka controlling him much longer. Although, this felt like an eternity. I couldn't imagine how much worse it was for him. What would happen to us if we stayed this way for too long?

Asher's situation was much different than mine also. After I read the news article, I learned of what really happened between Clara and Asher. Part of what Asher or Luka told me at the time was true, but the end was completely different.

He told me that he came to find other mermaids to protect, because he saw their system wasn't working. But at the time, that wasn't even Asher. There was no way.

The day Clara had her test, her whole house burst into flames, and Asher was already inside. He was by her side, because how else would Asher be reported deceased in the newspaper. Two teenagers had burned in that fire. The cause of the fire; unknown.