Chapter 27 | Assistance?

writing on my now fixed computer. apologies if there are mistakes as usual, i type fast.

Lui's POV:

David continued to talk to his dad about the whole situation. I wished and prayed that David's dad would come to his senses. After a few more shouts and me just standing there awkwardly behind David, I heard a apologetic sigh slip from his lips.

"You really do care about this Delirious character, as well as Evan?" He asked, his men beside him looking puzzled. David nodded and slipped his hand into mine and squeezed tightly. I nod along with and step up a bit.

"Dad, can you help us? You know what these people are doing is wrong, I know you don't want to do this. If it's money then we.. we will find another way." David stuttered a bit, nervous obviously that his dad may not accept the offer.

He sighed once more and whispered something to his men. He turned to us and stood up straight.

"David.. Let's go help your friends. It won't be easy, they aren't exactly weak," He smiled and tossed us some pistols. I wasn't thinking of killing anyone on this mission, I hope I don't have to at least. I was glad and relieved though from his father's realization and choice. I hugged on David's arm tightly and smiled softly at him. He pecked my forehead and we followed his dad outside.

"Right now they have been captured. If we want to do this right we need to do it sneakily and strategically. Ready?"

"As we'll ever be," I chuckle, "W-Will we have to kill anyone?"

"I hope not, son, but if it comes to it - knock out their knees or if they shoot, the head - sorry if it does turn out that way." David's father shrugged. David rubbed my shoulder for reassurance. I sighed and stepped beside him.

Here we go.

--

Jonathan's POV:

The men looked at us with no expression at all, they all looked stiff and robotic. The man who greeted us with a "warm" welcome looked like he was trying hard to be intimidating. I wasn't even close to being afraid. I'll go head on with this guy. I started to try and breathe slowly, memories from before messed with my feelings and personality, really. It's like all my feelings were kept away for awhile - which they were - now rushing in like a dam.

"Jonathan, glad to see you're doing well," The man sneers. I snicker and continue to keep my eyes away from him, focused on the ground.

"If by well you mean burning internally, then yes," I look up to him, "I'm doing just peachy."

"Ah, haha, I see you've finally got your sass back, thinking you're all tough."

"I could beat your ass anytime, let me out and I'll show you. Or are you scared of a robot, failed experiment, bastard will fuck you up?"

"Jonathan, that's enough!" I heard my father say, I glare at him and laugh.

"You think you can say anything to me after all I've been through, thinking you can stop me. It's my fight really. If it's me you want then take me, you don't need them," I say to both of them.

"Huh, just like him.." The man snickers and unties me. I widen my eyes and go to throw a punch, met with the guy's hand. He twisted my hand which felt like he broke my hand, luckily he didn't and right away I was slammed to the ground. I groan in pain, feeling him step on my back and pushing me to the ground.

"All talk.. Now, which one do you want to save?"

His words echoed in my brain, seeing both Evan and my father. I just got my father back, but Evan. Evan Fong. My father shifted his eyes to Evan and I attempted to nod.

"E-Evan!" I shout out, which sounded muffled from my cheek being pushed into the ground.

"Ah, the boyfriend.. I see you're feelings have resurfaced. That thing you feel is love my boy. But do you really want to feel that pain? It's worth it to you? How pathetic!" He pressed harder. I could feel my skull want to just crush.

"Y-You don't know what l-love is! You heartless bastard! I may not ever know because of you, but Evan has showed me. I-If you- I-I am sorry if your selfish ass had a bad past with it, but godd-damn it you'll find it again, even if it takes for ever. B-Because when love hurts, it hurts, but you'll always have the person to help make that pain go away! I-I'm glad to have such g-great friends to accept me for b-being an e-emotionless freak! N-Now don't talk to me about me being pathetic, you prick!" I yelled and felt tears sting at my eyes. He loosened his force on my face. I looked to see tears in Evan's eyes. I smiled at him and quickly pushed up to knock over the bastard. I kicked his gut and threw him into the wall.

He was knocked out as blood fell from his head. I heard footsteps come from behind me and gunshots. I turn to see all his men were shot and on the ground. David and Lui. I ran to hug them.

"G-Guys!" I was in utter shock, "H-How'd you know?"

"My dad used to work with this a-hole, but I got him to his senses." David smiled and held Lui's hand. I smiled and sighed in relief.

I widen my eyes and run to Evan. I untie him and was immediately met with a tight hug from him. I hold onto him tightly and pull back to look at his wonderful brown eyes.

"Jonathan," he says, "I love you."

"I-I love you too.." I smile and feel my heart flutter. Soon I felt Evan's lips connect with mine. I smiled in the kiss and kissed back.

love I have finally felt something with real meaning and emotion, love.

"Alright, love birds, let's get the hell outta here.. This organization is long overdue for a shut down." David's father shouted to us. We rush out, my father on David's shoulder, hand in hand with Lui as well.
I've almost the forgot what it was like to see the outside and appreciate it.

---
Apologies for a short chapter. Just needed a place to find a good ending you'll see