Chapter 18 | Secrecy

Lol I had to.. TWD fans XD

Delirious' POV:

I felt my hands begin to shake as I stared at the duvet on my bed. I couldn't move, my legs were weak, but yet I was still standing. I lost three important feelings, that I don't even know what they're called or how they feel. I forgot my friends - in which I regained, but am still shocked - that I haven't even spoken to them, thinking I have hurt them in some way. But there's one person that if I try to remember everything goes fuzzy. But I don't know who.. All I can remember of this person, is their dark brown eyes.

The door clicks open, revealing my mother walking in. Concern on her face. "How ya feelin'?" She asked.

I shook my head and put my hand, slowly, up to my mask, brushing my hand over it. She walks up to me and takes my hand, leading me to sit on my bed. She places her hand on mine and sighs deeply, as if she did something wrong.

"Jonathan," she begins, "we need to talk,"

I look up, letting her know she has my attention. She bit her lip and took a deep breath.

"I've been..an awful mother, and," her voice cracks, this emotion, I cannot read plastered on her face. "A-And I need to apologize for that. Your sister is the same, I'll be having a talk with her later."

"M-Mom," I whisper, "what's this about?"

"Jonathan, you are special. Very special. And your father is held hostage for your safety, not letting a single soul know where we are in that agency," she explains, "those letters I wrote to him were sent by a close friend, disposed of after, but he knows of you, he loves you and would do anything to keep you safe."

"I-I don't under-"

"I know.. And it's okay, just know that I'm doing what I can to keep you safe. The pill from earlier was to help you, but I realize now that it's more of a weapon. A weapon that was used on you at your school. So.. I want you to be more aware of your surroundings with this information, got it?"

I nod in response, though none of it was making sense, whatsoever.

"We may have to move.." She says quietly, "would you be okay with that?"

"N-No, I can't. The friends I've made here and- agh!" I held my forehead, blurry images of a person with the familiar eyes throbbed in my head. A feeling in my stomach.

"J-Jon, calm down," she says rubbing my arm, "we-we don't have to move.."

"I need to go to school, Mom, when is it?" I said, giving a serious tone.

"Tomorrow, pumpkin, tomorrow. Just rest and try to regain some strength."

I did as she said and laid down. Mom exited after. I was left to my thoughts. I tried to gather all the information that she just told me and connect it some how, but it just wasn't working; nothing made sense!

--

"I love you Jonathan, and you'll remember this due time,"

"Momma! Daddy! Please don't do this!"

"Pumpkin, I know.. I k-know.."

"Mr. Denis, they'll be here soon. Let's go!"

"Goodbye, Delirious.."

--

I jump from my bed, falling on the floor. I smack my head against the ground. Then, something rushes to my head, it wasn't blood. Images, they flash before me. Ev-

I shake my head and hold my head. I was trying to remember something, but it slipped right away.

Thumps of footsteps rise closer to my room, and my door opens. My mother rushes to my side and helps me sit up.

"Oh, pumpkin, are you alright?" She asks, placing her hand on my bruised head.

She lifts my mask and I see the whole room. Not just out of two holes -blackness surrounding - it anymore.
Her eyes were a bright brown. This was the first real detailed description of my mother that I've seen. She had small freckles on her face.

She repeats herself as I didn't answer, my eyes fixated on the whole room, on my mother's face.

"H-How come I can never see the world like this?" I whisper.

She raises and eyebrow and hums a 'huh?'.

"How come I can never see the world this clear? Not out of two black holes?"

She bites her lip and places the mask back on my face, covering, having the darkness surround me again.
She plants a kiss on my mask.

"I-I'm sorry, it's for the best.." She whispers and grabs my hand to help me stand, "get ready.."

She exits as I shake my head slowly, furrowing my eyebrows as the feeling of frustration lingers through me.
I take a deep breath and worry about getting ready as I do so.

--

I enter school and see my friends. The first to approach me is Lui. His smile widens.

"Y-You're better- you remember us?" He asks, looking down suddenly.

"Yes, I do." I say simply, trying to move my lips to form a smile, but it just doesn't work. Not like they'd see it anyway.

His eyes light up and he tackles me in a hug as the guys trail behind and finally get to me, greeting with unsure smiles.

"Hey guys. I'm better now.." I wave, as Lui gets off and walks back to David, who he slips a hand into his.

I raise an eyebrow at this. I shake it off though and continue to greet the guys. The first bell rings and the guys walk off.

I start for my first class, but am stopped by a hand on my shoulder, spinning me around. It was a boy, with vaguely, familiar, brown eyes. Tanned skin and body built a little meaty. His hair jet black and his eyebrows knitted at me. He stared at me for awhile, his hands still stiffened on my shoulders.

I clear my throat, thinking I would have to speak first, but he then starts.

"Jonathan, do you remember me?" He asks.

"U-Um. I don't recall ever speaking to you.. Sorry," I answer.

His eyebrows fall and his eyes begin to get watery.

"It's me.. Ev-"

The second bell rings abruptly, interrupting the strange boy - saving me.

"Listen, I need to get going to my class, deepest apologize.." I say and run off.

I didn't look back at the boy.

Who was he? Why was he so.. familiar?

----

I apologize for the lack of updates. For those who follow me and see my recent conversations, you'll know why. I want to thank you all for giving me the best support!
I may still be a bit eh but I'll try my best..

<3
~Danirious