Chapter 23 | Mirror

Delirious' POV:

"That's it, Jon, you got it!"

"HYAAAAAAAA!"

*whack, slice*

The dummy split diagonally, the top falling off and corn - which was stuffed inside it - spewed out. I place my free hand on my shoulder and stretch it back. I groan in pain from being sore and overworking.

"Nice job, you've improved," my mother smiles and takes the katana from my hand. Weapons like this, it was unbelievable we even had them, as I've read about them online.

"I thought you said I was getting a break; time to rest?" I whine.

She snickered, "I suppose I did say that, huh? Tell you what, I promise I'm done for today, go rest,"

I sigh deeply, catching my breath and slowly make my way back into the house to my room. I fall back on my bed and feel my eyes open and close slowly. This training would be the death of me, if anything, besides whoever's after me.

I place my hand on my mask and slip it off. I had forgotten what the world looked like outside of the two tiny wholes. I looked at the mask. Creepy..

That's what I looked like to people.

Robot..

That's what I am to people.
I haven't seen or texted or even communicated with Evan in any way for a long while. I wonder what he is up to. Does he even miss me or think of me? How would he feel if I didn't have a mask, if I knew how to feel, what even is this definition of half of these feelings? I look them up yet they are not the answers I'm looking for.
My head hurt thinking about it. I thought back to when I went over to Evan's the first time. What did he mean then? That was our separation.

He found someone better and Luke obviously makes him feel.

Besides, who would befriend a robot?

I get up and rush to the bathroom, not lifting my gaze off the floor. I was in front of the sink, the mirror, mere inches up from my gaze down. I placed my hands on either side of the sink. I took a deep breath.

"This is it.." I sighed.

I lifted my head, eyes closed. I slowly opened my eyes. Who. Am. I?

--

Evan's POV:

"Mr. Fong, you are aware of what you did and do know that your place of actions were wrong, correct?" The principle leaned forward, in front of me seated and hunched over with his hands clasped together and dangling.

"Yeah," I sigh, "what's my punishment?"

The principle bellowed a hearty laugh.
I raised an eyebrow and sat up straighter.

"Ahh, Mr. Fong, I like you," he began, "you remind me of me when I was your age. I wasn't one to get in trouble, but sticking up for a friend, that's when I would. I'm not picking favorites, by all means, I'm 'letting you off the hook',"

He quoted with his fingers.

"Okay?"

My frown brightened a bit and my eyebrows raised.

"Now get outta here before I change my mind." He smirked.

"R-Really? Thank you! Y-Yessir!" I stutter and get up, shaking his hand and saying my goodbye's.

I exited the office and walked down the hallways, slowly walking as school would get out I'm a few minutes, so what was the point in going to class..?

I heard some footsteps galloping behind me and a faint shouting.

"Evan!"

I turn around and see it's 407. I wave slightly and stop to have him catch up. He caught his breath and gave me the 'one minute' finger.

"H-Hokaayy.." He said, breathily.

"Hey, 407," I say, plastering a smile.

"Hey, good to see you, it's been awhile huh?" He smiles.

"Yeah, I suppose it has,"

"Okay," he stretches his arms back and continues, "so, I need fill-ins on what the hell just happened back there.."

I chuckle lightly, but a frown quickly replacing it.

"Listen," I say with a soft tone, "I'm not really in the mood to explain anything right now. I'm exhausted,"

"Understandable," he said, "just let me know when you're ready, I gots tuh know!"

I giggled at his funny accent and watched him scurry off as the bell rang.
I sigh and begin to walk out the school on the sidewalk.

Today was the most eventful day I've had yet. I lost my best friend, I lost my other friends, I still have one, after all of this. Is Jonathan still my friend?

I make it home and notice my parents are not home, once again - when I need them the most. I head upstairs into my bathroom and grab some clothes, starting a shower. I pulled my shirt over my head and undressed the rest of me. I enter the shower and feel the hot, steamy, water roll down my bare body.
It was a sense of relaxation at this time. My only escape. Just my thoughts and I in the shower, and the pitter patter of the water hitting my skin, walls, and floor.

I finish up my shower and rinse my hair, drying it off with a towel, ruffling it. I dry myself off and wrap the risk around my waist. The mirror in front of me was a fogged up. I took my hand and wiped it off. I saw myself in this mirror, yet at the same time, it was a complete stranger. A broken, useless, stranger. Who. Am. I?

--

Lui's POV:

"David, what are we going to do, they'll find out!" I pace the room in a panic. David watches me and reaches his arms out, pulling me into a warm embrace. I felt safe and calm all at once.

"Thanks," I sigh.

"No problem," David replied, "now keep a level head about this,"

"Right," I breath out.

David had recently warned me that his father and their agency are making a move and are suspicious about David.

"It's just," I squeeze and hold on tight to him, "what if I lose you? What if they take you away from me?"

"I won't let that happen, not ever," he smiled and held on back.

"How do we fix those two broken..broken boys..?"

"I have a feeling they can do it themselves, maybe a little help," David snorted.

I nodded and felt his warm lips peck my forehead.

It'll be alright.. Don't.. Worry..

They'll find themselves.

"Now, how about we watch a movie? Take our mind off things..?"

"Sure," I replied and we headed for the couch. But before we could even get comfortable, there was a loud and forceful knock at the door.

"David! Open the door! We. Need. To. Talk!" A voice roared on the other side of the door.

Something tells me we'll be in a movie in a few seconds.

---