Chapter 5 | Faith

(The picture above is Kirito from SAO, I drew this and thought I'd show you guys :))

3rd POV:

Jonathan's class finished up and he had one more to go. Jonathan has never experienced the thrill of it being Friday - Jonathan actually liked school and didn't want it to end. Which, whenever he said that, his friends would just give him a 'You're kidding, right?' look.

As he walked out he bumped into his good friend.

"Oh, sorry, Lui," he apologized.

"Nah, I'm sorry. Anyway, you're still up for Saturday right?" The squeaker asked.

"Yeah, I am. It's actually pretty exciting for me since I've never been to someone's house before to have fun. Or at least I don't remember. I may not show it, but I am."

"Cool, well, one more class to go! See ya!"

Lui then ran off to his next class. Jonathan smiled under his mask and started imagining things they'd be doing over the weekend. He started imagining fun games they'd play and chatting. Jonathan stopped daydreaming and headed to his last class, which had his quiet friend Evan - who wasn't so quite when talking to Jonathan. He walked in and took a seat next to Evan, who was drawing his name in bubble letters and didn't notice him. Jonathan tapped his shoulder playfully. Evan looked up and smiled lightly at him.

"Nice drawing, think you could make my name in that?" Jonathan asked, pointing at his artwork.

"Oh, um, yeah, sure!" Evan said a bit nervous like, "So, Jonathan, what are you doing this weekend?"

"Well, I'm going to my friend's house to hang out with them on Saturday. I think I'm spending the night, but I don't know,"

Evan's eyes saddened.
Jonathan noticed this and asked what was wrong.

"Nothing.. I just wanted to hang out with you this weekend.." Evan sighed.

"We can hang out today?"

"Really?" Evan's eyes lit back up and a smile danced on his lips.

"Yeah!"

"Alrighty, well, you can come home with me today then. I can drive us home."

Jonathan nodded and the bell rang. The class began and he payed attention.

--

When school was over Jonathan and Evan got into Evan's car and drove to his house. Evan looked at the beautiful house before him. It was like his, only a bit more modern and bigger. They walked in and saw Evan's mom cooking with his dad. They turned to see Jonathan and gave him a weird look. Jonathan knew the look was from the mask. But he didn't mind.

"Mom, Dad, this is Jonathan. Jonathan, this is my Mom and Dad," Evan introduced.

His mother waved and smiled big, along with his dad, "Nice to meet you, Jonathan,"

"You too, Mr and Mrs. Fong," Jonathan said in a polite tone.

"We'll be upstairs in my room if you need us."
Evan said and took Jon by the hand. Jon felt something rush to his cheeks. What was this?

Mrs. Fong turned to her husband and sighed,
"I'm glad he's making friends. He's been so quite..ever since.." She paused.

"Yes, I know. It was really hard on him. But this friend of his might make him better. Who know's." Mr. Fong said.

"I hope so."

--

The boys talked and laughed the whole time. Evan and Jonathan learned so much a about each other. Evan was confused still at the way Jonathan acts when he mentions a natural emotion or feeling. Jonathan didn't want to tell him, but he knew he needed to. Maybe not today though, maybe a different time.
Evan got up and walked over to his TV and turned on something that Jonathan was not familiar with. He picked up a controller and handed it to Jonathan. Jonathan didn't take it he just looked at it, more like stared.