Chapter 20 | Remember

Delirious' POV:

Evan Fong.

It was all coming back to me now. The feelings. The feelings I felt with him. The unexplainable feelings. What was this feeling now? Seeing him with Luke? Why was I feeling this? A sense of sadness, a sense of anger, a sense of confusion.

"Delirious? You okay?" Lui snapped me out of my thoughts. "Looked like you just saw a ghost."

"H-huh? Erm.. Sorry, yeah.. No? I don't know.." I stuttered. Was I okay?

"You wanna talk about it?" Lui raised an eyebrow. He didn't see what I saw. His back was facing them the whole time. I continued to stare at the two.

Were they together?

I didn't answer him, but he followed my stare and mouthed an 'oh' but smiled.

"You remember him?" He said, somewhat excitedly.

"Y-Yeah, but I don't remember him being in an intimate relationship with Luke.."

He raised an eyebrow. I believe that was a sign of confusion. He turned back around to look at them and I averted my eyes when I saw their hands touching, holding.

Lui shook his head. He almost look mad. "What-what the hell?"

Lui got up, "Give me a second. I'm gonna talk to this-"

I grabbed his hand to reframe him from continuing to walk, my body half way out of the booth.

"D-Don't.. L-Leave them be.."

My gut was telling me something. It wasn't right to go talk to them. Lui sighed loudly, frustration was an obvious emotion. He crossed his arms and sat back down.

"Why?" He said a bit harshly.

I shook my head and rested my head on my hand, my mask cold.

"Something's telling me not to bother them.. they are obviously happy.. maybe I'm better off not remembering Evan, and Evan forgetting about me,"
I said quietly, my voice rough.

"Del-"

"I'm not feeling well.. I-I'm gonna go, but thanks for inviting me," I got up and gave him a dollar, even if he didn't want it. "I'll see you- uh- tomorrow."

Lui didn't say anything after I began walking out the door, even if he did, I don't think I'd be listening.

I caught a quick glance before leaving at the two standing and in an embrace.

What is this..feeling?

--

(A/n: roll credits.. Jk jk XD)

--

I entered my home and went upstairs to my room. No one was home at the moment for reasons I now understand.
I feel this emptiness in my chest.

I fall on my bed and take off my mask. I placed it on my bedside table. I took my hand and placed in on my warm, soft, cheek. I traced it down to a bump, my nose, then to my forehead and down to my lips. I furrowed my eyebrows. And laid on my side. I hugged a pillow close to me and felt something wet crawl down my cheek.
It didn't bother me.