Chapter 6 | Tense

Jonathan's POV:

I woke up in Evan's room. I must've fallen asleep last night. I look over and see Evan asleep next to me. He slept with me? I guess I don't mind it, but it still felt awkward. I saw that Evan was peaceful in his sleep. I slowly got up to look at the time, 12:00. I don't know what time I'm supposed to meet the guys, so I text Lui.

Me - Hey, Lui, what time do you want me to come over Tyler's?

I waited a minute and saw the little text bubble pop up.

Lui - Around 2 would be good.

Me - 2?! Okay, I'd better get ready then, bye!

Lui - lol, bye!

I heard shuffling behind me. I turn and see Vanoss sit straight up with his face red. How? Why? What? I didn't understand this look he was giving me. I finally speak,

"Morning,"

He rubs the back of his neck, "Uh, heh, morning,"

It was silent after that. We just kept staring at each other. His eyes were very chocolatey brown. He was still giving me a weird small smile, like he couldn't give me a genuine one.

"So, um..." He tried saying.

"I better be going soon,"

He jumped and looked at me with a weird expression. (A/n: if you watch a lot of anime, you know what that looks like. XD)

"W-Why?" He stuttered.
"Well, I am going to hang out with my other comrades,"
"Who?"
"Lui, Tyler, Marcel, Craig, and David," I listed.
"Oh, them.." He muttered.
"You know them?"
"Yeah, you could say that,"
I turn my head to look at him.
He sighs, "I mean, we talk and stuff. I just have a bad past with them, that I'd rather not talk about."

I nod and get up. I gather my things and see Vanoss get up too.
That's when I felt my phone buzz.
It was from Twitter.

Tyler - THROWING A RAD PARTY TONIGHT! Everyone's invited! You know where it's at!

I smile at it lightly.
Maybe I could ask Evan if he wants to go..

I see Evan leave the room and head down the hall. I go downstairs to wait for him. His parents weren't home. I saw they left a note on the table.

Dear Evay Bear,

Your father and I are on our usual business trip we go to every month. I know, like you say each time we leave, that it's not fair and we hardly see you as it is, but now that you have that new friend of yours you should spend time with him and Cartoonz. We love you very much. We'll be back in three weeks.

Love,
         Mom and Dad

I feel bad for Evan. Now I understand why he's very quiet for two reasons. Maybe inviting him to this party is a good idea, but then again I don't know a lot about feelings and stuff.

I see Evan come down stairs with a change in clothes. He stretches and yawns, then comes where I am and sees the note. He reads it and rolls his eyes, moving on to the fridge. He grabs the carton of milk and drinks from it. I've never done that, just because I thought it was cliché to do, apparently it shows strength in a man. I don't see that. I shake my head and get back to the task at hand.

"So, Evan.." I began and he looks at me with a tired look. Like he didn't care anymore. The note must've made him feel something.

"Tyler's throwing a party tonight, wanna come with me?"

He thought about it for a moment.
"Well, I've got nothing better to do. Why not.. Is it okay if I call Cartoonz to come with us?"

I smile under my mask, lifting it up to my lips to show.

"Sure!"

--

We made it to Tyler's house at the time Lui said  to and knocked.
The door opened to the familiar, tall guy with glasses. He smiled then frowned.

"Hey, Delirious. Wait.. Why are they here?"

"Uh.. Is it okay if I brought them. They can be here for the party and all that..." I shrug.

"Whatever, but it's not gonna be normal." He stated and stepped aside for us to come in.

The house was quite big, inside and out. The decorations were quite vintage, but yet modern. It was a very comforting house, but not that great in my taste. Lui, Craig, Marcel, and David were chilling out on the couch and suddenly froze when they saw Luke and Evan.
I sat down next to Lui, while Luke and Evan stood. Tyler sat down next to Craig. It was very awkward as the silence didn't end.

"Okay, so, the party starts at 5, right?" Lui spoke up, trying to break the silence.

"Uh, yeah." Tyler answered.

Lui nodded and got up. He took mine and Evan's hand.

"I'll be right back."

Tyler and the others raised an eyebrow.
Lui took us to the kitchen and turned to us.

"Look, I know we've had our differences but now is not the time for you to dwell over them, neither should we. But I can't stop the guys. And I know you can't stop Luke. So at least try and seem nice like I am to you right now. This can be the only time we'll ever be talking like this to each other, if you want." Lui said.

I just listened and watched their expressions.
Evan sighed, "Yeah.. Okay, fine."
"What happened between you two?"

They both looked at me.
"It's a long story, I'll have to tell you some other time," Lui smiled weakly at me.

I nodded and we headed back to the living area. The guys were having small talk, which was nice.
But I still wonder what happened between them? Did Evan do something? Or the guys?
Whatever it was, it needed to end. This tense silence is making me tense.

--
Sorry it's kinda short and boring! I'm trying to take a small break. But I want to update still, but I don't know what to do. I mean, I think a small break will help get my inspiration back, but I want to update daily so I can maybe make your guys' day or have something for you guys to read.

You let me know. Should I take a small break? Or should I just keep going? I want to make quality chapters but I am feeling so bad that these chapters are awful. I guess I'm just becoming lazy.

XP

-Danirious