Chapter 7 | Parties Aren't Always Fun

Want pumpin' music for this party? Lol. Here ya go. Playing it is optional. (Making my YouTube intro.. ;))
Guitar Track (Kayliox Remix)- Sander van Doorn & Firebeatz

Jonathan's POV:

It was already 5 and the house was packed. I lost Evan and the guys in the crowd. I've never been to a party, but the music seemed cool. It warmed my heart and gave me goosebumps as it blasted through the speakers. After squeezing past a few people, I found Evan. He was talking to Luke with a drink in his hand. I walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He laughed and turned to me, letting Luke know he could go do whatever.

"This is you're first party, huh?" He said, raising his voice for me to hear over the music.

I nodded, "Yeah! It's pretty cool so far,"

"What?"

"I said it's pretty cool so far!" I repeated a bit louder.

He smirked and handed me a drink,
"Well, parties aren't always fun, just from my experience. But I won't dwell on that, it's your first one, I don't want to scare you. Have a drink."

I took the drink and lifted my mask to my lips to take a sip. I cringed at the bitter taste.
What was that?! Eck!

Evan started laughing.
"What?" I growled.
"You've never had a beer before? That's cute,"

Cute? Cute!

I just ignored him and took another sip of the bitter drink.

"Wanna dance?"

"Huh?"

"Want to dance?"

"Sure!"

Evan took my hand and went into the area where people were dancing. He started dancing and I watched his moves. How do I dance?
He stopped and looked at me,
"What's wrong?"
"Uh..I can't dance.."
"Sure you can!" He smiled and grabbed my hand, spinning me. It caught me off guard, but I smiled after.

"Just follow my lead." He said and grabbed both of my hands.

We swung our hands and spun around. He let go of one and went out, so did I. He grabbed my hand again and I started laughing.
This was so fun! We started spinning around like a merry-go-round and I was getting dizzy. Until he stopped and spun me again, making fall into some one's arms. I open my dizzy eyes and see three blurry Luke's.

"T-Thanks.." I stutter.
What is this feeling!?

I blinked and my vision was clear. I stood up and Luke smiled. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned my head to see Evan.
"Nice catch, Cartoonz. But I believe he was my dance partner," Evan smirked.

I felt my cheeks get warm, what does that mean? Luke snickered, "He's all yours, Vanoss."

Evan, once again, takes my hand and starts to dance with me again. We started fist pumping the air to the blasting beat. Evan looked as happy as me. Even though he couldn't see the huge grin I had on under my mask.

After dancing we decided to take a break and chill out by the stairs. There were people drinking and dancing everywhere. Over by the stairs wasn't much different, but it still was space-ish, at least as it can get. Evan smirks at me and I just shrug at him. I don't know what any of these facial expressions mean, but it still made something inside me do something.

"Are you having fun?" Evan asks.

"Yeah, a lot!" I shout.

He grins, "Good,"

We were interrupted by a grunt from someone.
I look up and see Tyler. I stand up and give a lazy wave.

"Hi, Tyler, what's up?" I say.
"Nothing, but I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me.." He rubs the back of his neck.
"Uh-" before I could answer, Evan stood up,

"Actually, I was going to take Jonathan home,"

I look at him.
"What?" I crossed my arms.

"Psh, sure you were, Evan. Just cause you hate me doesn't mean you can keep Jonathan away from me," he snickered.

Evan sighed with annoyance, "Whatever..have fun.." and left.

"Evan!" I called out, but he didn't listen.

What's up with him?

Before I could think about it anymore, Tyler grabbed my hand to the dance floor. I was already too tired to dance anyway, so I apologized to Tyler and left the house.
It was already late as it is. Maybe Evan should have taken me home. Now, I'm walking home by myself, in the dark. The streets were dark as I walked them. The only light was from the one working lamp post - that was flickering - a few feet ahead. It was a cold autumn night, and my light jacket wasn't doing me any good.

I let out a sigh and see my breath. It was really cold. I started to shiver as I walked. But I started to hear something. I shrugged it off, thinking it was the howling wind and leaves passing by. But I heard it again, and it didn't sound like leaves or the wind. It sounded like a beeping noise. Like a slow beep. I turned around to check my surroundings. Nothing was around, but I felt something run through my spine, fear.

I picked up the pace. I heard it once more and ran all the way home. When I closed the door, my mother was sitting on the couch, this late?

"Hi, mom," I greeted.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"I was at a friend's house, like I said earlier." I pointed behind me, for no reason.

"You can't be out there this late," she looked down and continued to play with something in her hand.

"Out where?"

"There! Outside! It's dangerous."

That brought me back to thinking about the beeping I heard.
I didn't answer.

She sighed and got up to face me, "Next time you go out there this late you're grounded for a week - no, a month!" She scolded.

Why was this such a big deal?

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry. I didn't know it was dangerous," I said, putting my hands up.

"Good.." She sat back down on the couch and played with something again, "Room. Now."

I followed her demand and went upstairs.

What's wrong with her? Maybe she knew about the beeping I heard? What was Evan's problem at the party?

All these questions started popping up, some not even related to what I was thinking earlier.
I sighed and changed into my pajamas to sleep.
My phone buzzed before I went to plop on the bed. I looked at it and saw it was from Lui.

Lui - Did you leave early? Tyler looked pissed and so did Evan. What happened? Do you know?

Me - I don't even know myself. Yeah, I left early. My mom started scolding me for some odd reason.

Lui - That's part of 'parenting' as they say. Lol. Well, have a good night then! See you at school, Monday!

Me - Yeah, sure.

I put my phone down and plopped on my bed, slowly dozing off.

()()()()()

What a party, huh? Lol. This chapter was more of a chill chapter and it's going to be like that for a few of them, I hope you don't mind. :)
Also, I need help on my new book. Should it be an H2OVanoss or Original characters.

Help meeee out!
<3

-Danirious