Chapter 1 | New School

I wake up to a very unfamiliar room. It had blue walls with very detailed borders. The floor was wooden with a turquoise carpet. I look around and didn't know this feeling I had as I furrowed my eyebrows. I see an unfamiliar woman walk in.

"I see you're up! How are you, Jonathan?" She asked.

Jonathan? Must be my name.

"I don't know how I am. I don't know how I feel, I'm.. I'm.. What is this feeling?"

"Confused?"

"Yes, confused,"

She nods her head and gives me a weak smile. She sat next to me and held my hands.

"I know you must be-" I didn't want her to finish, I had way more questions that needed answers.

"How come I don't know what I'm feeling? But yet I still know how to comprehend and all my math skills.. I think.."

"Well, you're an anomaly. You don't know your emotions like others, you have to learn them on your own. That's why I've sent you to a new school!" She exclaimed.

She seemed..hm..what's that feeling?

"Wouldn't I stay at my old school?"

"Well..yes, but.." She didn't finish. Something's off..

"Who are you?" I ask, still..confused.

She giggled and stroke my hair.

"I'm your mother, silly,"

Sorry, I don't remember you..
I didn't want to say that aloud, I didn't want to hurt her. I wonder what feeling that must be..

"Come along now, you don't want to be late on your first day!" She jumps up and bounces out.

I felt a strange vibe from her, maybe, confusion? I don't know..

I got up and searched 'my' room. It was..nice.. I liked this color. It made me feel.. Feel. Warm! Yeah, warm. The color blue made me feel warm. I look over and see a hockey mask. I smile a little and put it on. I see my clothing isn't pajamas or anything lazy. I must've slept in my clothes. Then something struck me. Another question. How did I become an anomaly? Why can't I remember the past?
I just shook it off and exited the room. I walked downstairs and see and unfamiliar girl sit with my mom. I sit down next to her and stare.

"Good, you're wearing the mask. I forgot to tell you to put it on. Oh, and don't ever look in the mirror, got it?" My mother informs.

What?

"W-Why-"

I didn't get a chance to speak.

"Just do as I ask, and don't take off that mask either,"

I sigh and nod.

"Who are you?" I turn to the girl.

She grins a little.

"I'm your sister, ya dummy." She giggled too.

What's with people and giggling. Do they not see I'm confused?

I slowly nod again and am served breakfast. I lift the mask to my lips and start eating my eggs. It's crazy. I know what things are, I know how to read and write, I know how to talk fluently, I know how to do pretty much everything...except for feel. And I don't remember the past. I sigh again and continue with my breakfast.

"Hey, Delirious. Can you pass me the salt," my sister asked.
Who's Delirious, I thought my name was Jonathan?

I raise an eyebrow and see she covers her mouth. My mother gives her a glare, she looked.. I don't know..