Bandits Girl (Chapter 2)

Start from the beginning

Marco rode his horse up to the mustang until the two horses were trotting side by side.

"I got you a present Chris." Marco said with a grin. So he was the Christian/Chris Marco had been talking about earlier to that other guy.

"I told you not to wake her, Marco." Chris said, displeased with Marco's behavior and Marco just shrugged.

"When do I ever listen to what you say?" Marco asked, and at this Chris laughed, "True."

"Besides, she was already awake." Marco told Chris picking me up a moving me onto Chris' horse. Once they were both sure that I was securely trapped in-between Chris' two arms, and that Chris was also securely on the horse with the hands on the reigns, Marco left.

"Good morning pet." Chris whispered softly into my ear, and I refused to answer him, giving him the cold shoulder. After all, he deserved it.

Chris of course did not like this, "Oh come on pet," he said softly, and I could feel his lips gently press against the back of my head.

I tried to pull away but his arms held me close, and there wasn't much room on a moving horse.

"Don't do that." I told him, refusing to look at him, though I could here the smug grin in his words that came from him getting me to talk, "And why ever not? You're not in any position to tell me what I can and can't do pet."

"You are such a bas-" and as I began the final word, I felt his fist come to rest lightly at my stomach, and I decided to shut my mouth. I would like to stay awake for the rest of the journey at least.

"Good pet." Chris said with another smug smile in his voice, and I resisted the urge to growl at him.

Instead I asked, "What happened to my village?"

What can I say? I was curious. I had been dragged away from it with out seeing what had happened after all.

"It was burned to the ground." Chris said without a moment's hesitation.

I starred at him, eyes wide, "Surely you jest?" I asked. He had to be kidding.

"'Fraid not pet." He told me, adjusting me slightly, "And I would know, I was the one who held the torch to that first shack."

I gulped, "Shack?" He couldn't mean...?

"Yes, a shack. It was the home of that woman... Julia. Though nothing pretty, it had it's own charms. I felt sad to see it go, but it had to."

"Why did it have to Because you're a monster?" I demanded, trying to push him away, but of course one can only do so much when they are tied up.

He tightened his grip around the reigns and me and drew me closer, "Do you think I wanted to burn down your home? Or your village?"

"How did you know that the shack was my home?" I asked him, shocked since I never had told him, and he grew quiet.

"I met Julia there." He said after a moment, "She told me that, there was nothing that she could do to save you... so she made me promise that I would never let anything happen to you. And I promised her I wouldn't. There was such love for you in her eyes... I made sure she, and her grandparents got out."

"They're her parents, my grandparents, she's my mother." I corrected him, and now it was his turn to look shocked.

"Your mother? But she seems so young... I thought that surely she was your sister."

I laughed, "I suppose you could consider thirty young..."

"Thirty? Truly? How old are you?" Chris asked.